Thread: Delta Sheep

Default Delta Sheep

Ok, come on you sand baggers lets here about the hunt??//
    Flying Monday AM high whers's the snow level???
    Any one with forecast info?
    Thanks
    Louie

Default Second that...

TMA for me on Sunday...folks have been kinda quiet...any news from these areas? Did you leave us any out there?

So for some of us (mostly me) less intelligent folks... TMA is the Talkeetnas??
    If so I just got back from a weeker. Covered a crap load of ground and only glassed a pair of ewes. - tony

Default TMA

is Tok Management area, Tony. The holy grail of sheep ground.

We walked into Bradford creek on the 8th. Came out on the 19th. Got 2 rams. Only 2 legals we saw. Took 4 days to leapfrog/hump it out. Weather was better than most of the rest of the state we came to find out. 2 nights before we got out snow came down to about 5500-6000ft. I understand that it came down below 2000 around the 20th. Bradford creek is a Gnarly hike up and down that creek. A real belly washer. More crawling than hiking.

Have a great hunt.

http://homepage.mac.com/perryschneider/PhotoAlbum8.html
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default congrats on your rams!!

Thanks for the great slide show.. made me tired just looking at the pictures.. I guess this do-it-yourself sheep hunting is a YOUNG man's sport. My son and I leave Tues. morning for our hunt.. our first.. wish us luck.. Les

Default Great Photos!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    We walked into Bradford creek on the 8th. Came out on the 19th. Got 2 rams. Only 2 legals we saw. Took 4 days to leapfrog/hump it out. Weather was better than most of the rest of the state we came to find out. 2 nights before we got out snow came down to about 5500-6000ft. I understand that it came down below 2000 around the 20th. Bradford creek is a Gnarly hike up and down that creek. A real belly washer. More crawling than hiking.

Have a great hunt.

http://homepage.mac.com/perryschneider/PhotoAlbum8.html
    Those are great pics Snyd!! I like seeing that flanel shirt you have on in that one pic...see...the old school stuff still does work! I sometimes get tired of the "you gotta have this type of clothing" balogny or you're gonna die garbage. Congrats on your great hunt!

Awesome series of photos Snyd. I often dont take the time to take the photos that enable you to relive the experience through pictures. Good job!

Default AKLouie....

Who are you flying in with? We are also flying in on Monday the 4th. I couldn't tell by your thread if you were the one flying or someone else was doing the flying and dropping you off. With the weather so nice in the Fairbanks area over the last week it's been really hard to drive to work looking at the AK Range knowing the weather was nice there as well....but we're not there!

Good luck!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot2Kill View Post
    Those are great pics Snyd!! I like seeing that flanel shirt you have on in that one pic...see...the old school stuff still does work! I sometimes get tired of the "you gotta have this type of clothing" balogny or you're gonna die garbage. Congrats on your great hunt!
    Thanks. As far as the shirt goes it is actually 80% acrylic and 20% wool. Value village. 5 bucks. Pants are army issue dress pants! Yup, the kind with the permanent creases! 60% polyester, 40% wool. Value Village, 7 bucks. Been wearing them for years. I do not wear cotton anything but do not feel you have to spend hundreds of dollars on outdoor clothing either. I do like wool blend. Some guys don't

Later
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again