Thread: Kenai Float Recommendations??

Default Kenai Float Recommendations??

Trying to plan a trip to float the Kenai for 4 days next year. I have never been up to the Kenai, so we would be looking to hire a guide (service). We wish to bring home some reds, kings, halibut... so i am guessing June??

Please help me with recommendations of great outfitters/guides. I am bringing 2 others, and they are not really big on the bank fishing/combat style, so floating seems to be the only option at this point. We would love to throw in a day of halibut fishing too...Homer? Seward???

Do you recommend finding your own lodging instead of the package deals?

Thanks so much for your help. This forum is GREAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Wndshr View Post
    Trying to plan a trip to float the Kenai for 4 days next year. I have never been up to the Kenai, so we would be looking to hire a guide (service). We wish to bring home some reds, kings, halibut... so i am guessing June??

Please help me with recommendations of great outfitters/guides. I am bringing 2 others, and they are not really big on the bank fishing/combat style, so floating seems to be the only option at this point. We would love to throw in a day of halibut fishing too...Homer? Seward???

Do you recommend finding your own lodging instead of the package deals?

Thanks so much for your help. This forum is GREAT!
    June or july.

As far a guides there are several ways to look at it. If you are going to chase reds on the upper kenai I suggest Trout Fitters or alaska clearwater adventures. They can put you on Reds and some nice trout also.

The mid river for reds is also fished by troutfitters and alaska clearwater both great outfits.

Halibut is a tough one. I love homer and I have used silver fox charters since 1978. If it is not broke dont fix it. They have always treated me well. There are several members on the site that are guides that can do halibut and a king combo out of deep creek or ninilchik that are worth looking into.

Lodging. I have always liked doing it myself. This site is a great way to find out about all of the things you are asking. There are some wonderfull B@B's that alot of people dont know about. Im sure and I hope the members here can share some of thier insight on that subject.

The internet is a great tool. Use it. Ask questions about any place or outfit on here. You will get responses. The members here are a weath of info and very truthfull.

Hope this helps start you out
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Lodge on the Kenai

Hello,
    If your staying in Cooper Landing give George or Shirley a call at the Hutch B&B. Before moving up here we always stayed with them and can't say enough good things about them. They are very close to several outfitters .
    their # 907-595 1270