Thread: My son's first ram!

Default My son's first ram!

I took my 11 year old son sheep hunting for the first time this last week. He drew one of the "Any Ram" permits this year. We flew out Tuesday and were stuck in the tent due to really low fog for another day and a half. We got up bright and early on Friday and went for a walk, saw 3 rams, and started the stalk. We got within about 500 yards of the intended sheep, and were taking a little breather when I saw 4 completely different rams directly above us. I told my son to get a good rest and shoot the biggest one, and 3 rounds later we had a 13.5 X 36 (L), 13.5 X 38.5 (R), 9 year old ram. I couldn't be any prouder of my son, he did a great job. I'm sorry I'm not much of a story teller, but I'm sure all of the pertinent info is there. Oh, by the way, he was shooting a .243 100 gr. core lock
    Attached Images Attached Images

WAY TO GO for you son! You know have a sheep hunting partner for life!

Nice Ram.. Pretty valley!

Looks like a wonderful hunt. Congratulations on a great ram!!!

WOW!! Also looks like incredible country. "Bright" and early must mean you were making your own sunshine. Congratulations. J.

Talking Story teller?

Seems to me you did a great job with the story. I think we all got a very clear picture of a very exciting and proud moment and adventure your son and you experienced. Great sheep! Congratulations for such a fine accomplishment. Thanks for sharing, ciao.
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Give him a pat on the back for me! Thats making memories that will last a life time.

Man that is awesome The kids are doing good this year.

Talking

Thats wonderful! Good job! Must be awsome to see your son get his first sheep!

Thumbs up Awesome!

Wow!

Great ram and congrats to your son, Teri.
    Memories for a lifetime.
    There's nothing like the mountains and their bounty for teaching a kid about life and the rewards of hard work.

Smile

Wow. What values to teach to your son. If there is any positive for the any ram kids hunting would be it. And he didnt even need it! Congraduations to you both.
    I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything, it has to do with how the day was spent. Fred Bear

Default Outstanding!

What could be better than that!? Congrats to both of you. Looking forward to getting my boys out for their first sheep hunt.

Outstanding! Congratulations to both of you

Totally awesome, that is a way to cool photo. Congratulations to the 'Sheep Hunter".

Hey Teri, you dont have to be a sory teller to tell a great story. Great job well done for both of you and what an awesome picture!!!

What is your son's name that we may congaradulate hime?

Great job to both of you!

Congratulations . . . you both will remember that trip forever. I'm happy for both of you.