Thread: EZ-PULL Electric Pot Puller

Default EZ-PULL Electric Pot Puller

Hello - Looking for some opinions...
    Looking to purchase a pot puller, BUT there are so many out there!! Anyone have any experience with the EZ-Pull Electric Pot Puller? They look pretty solid, wondering how they perform?

http://www.cushmanboats.com/page3.html

Thanks for the replies...

I've got one on my boat, mounted on a Scotty downrigger mount. It's worked fine for the last two years, and I've got no complaints. Only downside for some folks might be its pulling power--rated at 150 lbs I believe. But that's always been enough for my needs.

Check out the Electra-Dyne hauler, cost more but you'll only buy it once.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

I went thru the same thing earlier this year. I was also concerned about pulling power but also electrical draw because I only had a 30 hp outboard. I went with the 4 hp Honda puller (heard about it on this forum so the info's there somewhere) and after using it all summer have been very impressed. Good luck.

I have been using the Brutus Strongarm, ACE line hauler for about 6 years. It's a scotty mount and works great. 3 shrimp pot limit for me, but I also use it for my tanner pot, about 40 lbs. When the trap is full, it gets interesting. I like the Electra-Dyne hauler on a custom davit, or hydraulic of same design, which will be the next one.

Thumbs up EZ Pull Pot Puller

Jrexx,

I have the gunnel-mount EZ-Pull pot puller with the "hands-free" option. I would not get any other in my next boat. I have had the Ace and the other model from Marita on my previous boats. I would rate the EZ as superior and the hands free option is sweet. I have it set up with the scotty plug and with the gunnel mount, I have it mounted on the back corner which is really not in the way. Pull one pin and it can be removed to your garage for safe-keeping. I pull 5 pots on 1 line and no problems so far. I only wish scotty mounts had larger gauge models to accomodate the bigger wires. I also checked into the Electra-Dyne since I value Potbuilder's opinions but it was too spendy for me.

Get it, you'll love it.

Mark

Default EZ Pull Pot Puller

Thanks for all the replies thus far. It is great getting all the ideas and opinions. As for the Electra-dyne, my guess is that you order directly from them? Wish they had a dealer in the WA State area to view it..

Another puller that seems to look pretty solid is the "Safe-T-Hauler"

http://www.safe-t-puller.com/catalog2.htm

Any opinions on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by JREXX View Post
    I had the Alaskan Sports model rated for 200 lbs on my old hewescraft for five seasons and liked it so much that I put one on the new boat. It pulls five pots on a string without a problem. I tried to get the 300 lb model but it always seems to be on back order. Pot builder knows his stuff. I probably would have seriously looked into the Electra-Dyne hauler if I had not already purchased the safe-t-puller. Good luck!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default safe-t-puller

I used the 2100 puller in S.E. w/o a problem for many summers. Also check out the Hauler as the davit comes apart in three pieces and may be easier for you to store. Schedule 80 davit comes standard on the 2100's and a worthy upgrade on the 1200/1600. I am working at coming up with a plan were I use the center section with the motor to mount to the roof for a dingy lift assist. Anchorage Yamaha had a 1600 hauler with the schedule 80 upgrade on the floor a few weeks ago.