Thread: Help with lingcod please

Default Help with lingcod please

Last trip I did the 15 person Halibut charter out of Homer and did nothing but untangle lines the whole time.

This trip I would like to charter a smaller boat to target lingcod. I will be there Sept. 11 thru the 21. Is this too late in the season? If not would you recommend going out of Whittier, Homer, or Seward? Any experience with a charter service there?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Call Rick At Halibut King Charters.....he Will Take Good Care Of You...
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by keend View Post
    Last trip I did the 15 person Halibut charter out of Homer and did nothing but untangle lines the whole time.
    Ya I stick to the 6 pack charters for that reason. I come to fish, not play ring around the Dacron.

Quote Originally Posted by keend View Post
    If not would you recommend going out of Whittier, Homer, or Seward?

Ooh, that is a tough choice, but I would pick Seward. They have good Lingcod fishing and you shouldn't have to get too far out of the bay to find some. Homer you might do if you want a few Halibut too. Weather has not been good though. If it's just lingcod, go Seward or Whittier. You'll be running a long ways from Homer and with the weather this late in the year, odds are you won't be able to get out there to the good spots.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Jim, when are we going out? Is the boat fixed?? Have a great labor day.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK