Thread: Silver Request - Mat Su area

Default Silver Request - Mat Su area

Lookin' at takin' the youngest out for some Silvers in the next day around the Mat Su area. Any update on how the local rivers are pannin' out? Read a report at the AOJ their doin' pretty decent at the Little Su/Parks Hwy area. Need to confirm. Thanks in advance.

I'm head'n to Willow Creek in the morning to check it out. Hoping for bows or silvers. Will give an update upon my return.

Thanks, Kavman. Reckon we may just run into each other cuz I intend on hittin' the Willow myself the same day. Look for a guy wearin' a University of Texas Longhorn cap...

TruBluTex I hope you had a better day than we did at Willow. We fished and hiked for a couple of hours. We also hit the Little Su by the Parks Hwy. Plenty of Silvers there, some bows swimming around. Had to work to get them to hit the fly in the middle of the day. After multiple hours left Little Su and fished Jim Creek for 3 hours. Touched one silver there, but lost it. Jim Creek was very windy. How did you do?

Default still kickin

Just caught 2 nice hens on Willow yesterday. Its a secret where, but it was between Deception and the Parks. Took about 20 minutes, then another 20 minutes to release a big buck and a jack. They were hitting Dolly Llamas, both the olive/white and brown/tan color. Find some fish, then go through your fly index till you start getting hits. Pretty easy to spot them now: most are getting pretty dark, and water is low and clear. Don't worry if all you see are dark fish, though. Often a brighter one you can't see will be lurking along with them.

Kavman,

Never made it out there as planned. Youngest was too tired from workin' all night and gettin' off work at 0500. Used that free time to work on my fence.

Bummer, I would rather fish than fix the fence. The water was low and not to many fish around down low in the river. Did see some fish at Little Su. The Little Su is having an awesome year for Silvers. Hoping to hit the Kenai for bows in the near future.

Thought I would post an update. Went to Willow today to fish for bows. I was struggling today with what to use and how to drift it, under a strike indicator or not, not enough weight to much weight, beads, flesh fly etc. I would like to thank the two guys hooking up consistently in helping me get on track. I did not land anything at the mouth, but up stream by Deception we did well. We struck out at Shirley Town Bridge. Thanks again to the fellow fisherman for the advice.