Thread: Yamaha ATV tires

Default Yamaha ATV tires

I have a 07 grizzly 450 and want to upgrade my tires. My stock tires are 25x8x12(front) and 25x10x12(rear). I want to upgrade to 26x10x12(front) and 26x12x12(rear). Does anyone know if these sizes will compromise the turning and or anything else? Thanks for the info.

Not sure about fender clearances or whatnot, but a friend of mine went from the stock 25" to 27" on his Honda 400. He had previously put a 2" lift (body lift basically) on the bike. He had to do some fender trimming, but the end product is impressive.

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I also have a 2007 Grizzly 450 and have stock wheels and tires on it. Did you go with the 26x12x12 rear and 26x10x12 front?? The machine seems top heavy with the stock stuff. I have also considered wheel spacers to increase the axle/wheel width by 3". Do the wider wheels and tires help with the stability????........Silver Tip out
    "If we lose freedom here, there is no other place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." ...Ronald Reagan.....please never forget this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelplates View Post
    I have a 07 grizzly 450 and want to upgrade my tires. My stock tires are 25x8x12(front) and 25x10x12(rear). I want to upgrade to 26x10x12(front) and 26x12x12(rear). Does anyone know if these sizes will compromise the turning and or anything else? Thanks for the info.

26" tires will fit the 450. Upgrade your wheels while you're at it. Best mod you can do for your Grizzly.