Thread: Dillingham Air Taxi Recommendations???

Default Dillingham Air Taxi Recommendations???

Howdy Folks.

Need your sound advice once again please. I'm looking for an air taxi service based in Dillingham. Any recommendations? Any contact info you could provide would be much appreciated.

God bless
    Enjoy the Holiday! (It's opening day of dove season here in MO!)

Fr. Joe
    HuntingforGod.com

Tikchik is a great outfit. I used them last Aug/Sept to fly me out to the Goodnews for a float trip. They have two planes, a 185 (I think) and a Beaver. They are good people, with good planes, with lots of experience. What more could one want? Below is their website.

http://www.tikchikairventures.com/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default Rick

Flew with Rick this Spring. Very professional. I was comforted to learn he flies in a formation team in New Zealand in the off season to "keep the adrenal gland squeezed" as he put it.

Default Dillingham air taxi

Tom and Janet Schlagel, owners of Bay Air Taxi. Good people, good service and a fair price. Some of the other air taxis mentioned in this post had no idea of what the " white bags with red stains " on them had in them. When they were told the response was " how much do they weigh ? " They're fisherman, not hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    Tom and Janet Schlagel, owners of Bay Air Taxi. Good people, good service and a fair price. Some of the other air taxis mentioned in this post had no idea of what the " white bags with red stains " on them had in them. When they were told the response was " how much do they weigh ? " They're fisherman, not hunters.
    Talking about things you know little of?

Below is info from Rick's website...

"We provide personalized service to ensure you have a successful Alaskan adventure whether it be fishing, floating, rafting, kayaking, canoeing, flight seeing, viewing wildlife (including bear and walrus) or on a guided or unguided hunt."
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Went with Rick for guided Brown Bear last year. He Knows his stuff.

Default Dillingham Air service-FRESH WATER ADVENTURES

I would recommend fresh water adventures. We are using them to fly to our moose/bear area for our 10 day hunt. Jerry and charlie the two main pilots are great people. They have a goose plane and an otter for landing on smaller lakes. We will be in dillingham on the 6 of sept. I would call them and tell them what you want or want to expect.

there website is
    www.freshwateradventures.com

well hope this helps.. Feel free to private message me if you want for any additional info.
    James
    907-388-2958

Quote Originally Posted by bohntr21 View Post
    I would recommend fresh water adventures. We are using them to fly to our moose/bear area for our 10 day hunt. Jerry and charlie the two main pilots are great people. They have a goose plane and an otter for landing on smaller lakes. We will be in dillingham on the 6 of sept. I would call them and tell them what you want or want to expect.

there website is
    www.freshwateradventures.com

well hope this helps.. Feel free to private message me if you want for any additional info.
    James
    907-388-2958
    nothing like flying in that goose..great ride, and fast. rode in it back when jill and lester were still running things.

Guess that's why we are using them this year...again.....as they know nothing....not even when my hunting bud used them back when the Mulchatna herd was in its hayday. Ricks been flying the area for over 20 years and his wife Denise bends over backwards taking care of clients. I can't think of a better service to use. Just my 2 bits worth

I hear you man. Rick is a great pilot and Denise was awesome. We floated the Goodnews last Aug/Sept and bad weather prevented the pick up on floats as planned. Rick and Denise had a native from the village of Goodnews Bay waiting on us at the pick up in a motor boat. He helped us pack our gear in his boat and took us to the village. There we waited about 12 minutes for the pick up from a wheeled plane. The wheel plane was coordinated by Tikchick too, as it was not their plane. Hard to complain about service like that. Everything was smooth as butter.

Default Excuse me?

Wasn't speaking of Rick, wouldn't know him if I saw him. The pilot in question was a seasonal guy, from the lower 48. A fisherman and a pilot. Maybe he was just a pilot and not even a fisherman. I wish I knew as much as you guys with my 40 years of residency, 14 year as a registered guide and 20 years in Alaskan aviation.... I could get spooled up now, but it is really not worth the effort.

Some of the other air taxis mentioned in this post had no idea of what the " white bags with red stains " on them had in them. When they were told the response was " how much do they weigh ? " They're fisherman, not hunters.

The problem here is that Rick was the "some of the other". They are one in the same Rick Grant (Tikchick). It is obvious to me that you don't know what you are talking about. But I just thought I would point it out for others. Tikchick Airventures is a fine outfit and I would hate for them to be poorly represented by someone who does not even know who they are. In your original post, you did not even catch that Rick Grant is Tikchick Airventures. So you bad mouth them a bit, suggesting they don't cater to hunters, then in your recent post openly admit that you don't even know who he is as below....

"Wasn't speaking of Rick, wouldn't know him if I saw him"