Thread: Russian River Anyone?

Default Russian River Anyone?

Some Russian River action from last weekend...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHaShbhYLVE

Fish On!
    http://www.youtube.com/growden1

Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Thumbs up nice

Nice Video. Heading down there in about an hour. Gonna fish the russian in the early morning while the wife catches a few extra zzzz's then take the raft and float the kenai. 2 days on the river for me and hopefully mother nature will be kind.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Nice Video. Heading down there in about an hour. Gonna fish the russian in the early morning while the wife catches a few extra zzzz's then take the raft and float the kenai. 2 days on the river for me and hopefully mother nature will be kind.
    Sweet! We were catching tons of Dollies, a whole lot more that the Rainbows. It was a great weekend, even when the black bear snuck up about 20 feet behind me and started licking his lips. I sure hope you have a great weekend and don't see any of those unethical fisherman again. I hope you catch "the big one," 'cause you know, those always seem to get away.

Fish On!

Make sure you get some pics!

Ill take pics for sure. It is usually the wife that catches the hogs but I love watching her do it and shooting the video too. Hopefully everyone will behave including the big fuzzy critters too

Default Post em!

Chuck, I would love to see some lunkers from the upper Kenai! I hear it gets real hot in September, and to boot you can catch Metalheads further south then also. Have you fished for Steelies in September? I'm tempted to make the long drive south to try my luck, what do you think are my chances?

Russian was fishing decent on Saturday the 30th. Mostly rainbows only one about 20". As for bears see my post in Bear protection. I was spin fishing as I had the family along and could not dedicate a whole lot of time.

Great video, got me all fired up to go fishing!

Quote Originally Posted by growden1 View Post
    Chuck, I would love to see some lunkers from the upper Kenai! I hear it gets real hot in September, and to boot you can catch Metalheads further south then also. Have you fished for Steelies in September? I'm tempted to make the long drive south to try my luck, what do you think are my chances?

Steelies on the anchor and deep creek are awesome. The thing is the weather. If we get any amount of rain the rivers blow up and it is muddy waters and your screwed. We did not get the hogs this weekend but did well. I lost one hog check the Upper kenai thread I posted and the story is there as well as some pics.