Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palin

Default Palin

Alaska Members:

Home team notwithstanding, is this lady whom we want for general hunting, fishing and shooting support in AK and the lower 48?

Don't know her...is she a reformed soccer mom or basically on our side?

Thanks

7STW

7STW...

Already being discussed in depth - BIG THREAD
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I'll bite. I have been trying to find where a forum topic (Palin) had been moved all day. Now a link is provided but I'm denied access to the forum. Could you possibly give me another way to find where the discussion is going on about Palin? I don't find any "off topic" forums. I have looked at all of the forums in the "forums page." Any help to find the forum page so I can read what the locals have to say about Ms. Palin would be appreciated.

Thanks

Go to http://forums.accuratereloading.com/.../frm/f/8521043 for discussion on Sarah Palin and what people think of her nomination as VP and what side of the fence she sits on as far as guns and hunting are concerned.

Sorry,

The big discussion is going on in the General discussion forum which is a 'members only' ("member" being I think 10+ posts).
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Well there you go. Guess I'll have to have a bit more to say than just reading and enjoying the forums.

Thanks

Did look at the accuratereloading forum, thanks for that lead rainydayhunter

You'll be pleased to learn more about her. Lifetime member of the NRA, and a hunter.

We'll miss her, but she'll do the country proud.

Any Lady that gets up with the dad at 3am to go moose hunting before school is hard core and she has my vote! Imagine a politician that knows what hard work is and to grow up with out a silver spoon. Thats a strange concept

I have mixed feelings about anybody that would give up Alaska to go and live in that dung heap called Washington D.C.

I think we need to start a movement to keep her here in Alaska. The rest of the country does not deserve our Sarah.

Besides I'm tired of hearing these dumb ***** newies telling the world that the capital of Alaska is Anchorage. It's bad enough all the people that live here thinking the same.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    7STW...

Already being discussed in depth - BIG THREAD
    I just got referred here by an Alaskan poster on AR to read what Alaskans think of Governor Palin, and now I can't access the thread.

Alaska is one of my favorite places and I used to spend a lot of time around ANC doing crew layovers enroute in and out of the Far East. I think Palin is a definite plus to McCain's ticket and I appreciate her background, experience, and values. It's very frustrating not to be albe to access information here that would prove valuable to many of us in the lower 48.

Default 10 it will be

I will blow a post here on my way to 10 if thats what it takes. I read the article in the "Alaska" magazine and sounds like any family that hunts and fishes is a step in the right direction. Would blow the mind of those ding bats in DC if she and her family blew off the white house, demanded a Yurt with a wood cook stove, and packed a pistol for "predator defense" across the lawn at Pennsylvania ave...
    I will reserve my own thoughts on her until I hear from my idol Ron Paul, If anybody can see thru the BS he would be the one...
    Got to check now and see how close to 10 posts I am, thanks

I agree with Big Al, we really need her here in Alaska to clean-up more messes but she will do us proud..

I had intended to hold my nose and vote for McCain but I will now vote with pride and my check is in the mail to her campaign.....

As an Alaskan who has followed Sarah Palin and lived here long enough to really know what an Alaskan woman can be, I think your comments are completely unbased. She is the real deal. Upland Hunter should spend a little time researching before going off............I think Mccain has taken a real gamble here. If Palin can stand the heat, (and it will be more than most of us could take) she will prove her mettle. If she folds, Mccain is in big trouble.

Upland, I think you take a back seat on "our" gov. Palin and its a good thing you are not our gov. in this state. You've alot of bitterness rooting from somewhere but.....Palin doesn't complain like you.......she works to get things done openly and done right instead of "snipping" in the shadows.

Quote, "I honestly don't know"------"picking Palin is a gimmick"......get a grip!

Upland
    I think more fibre in your diet would help you out a lot! Yes Palin does not have the time in that Hillary did but everything Hillary touched went bad. Remember her healthcare plan when Bill was in office?? It was a disgrace and her own people told her that. That is why you never heard much about it. She is good at shooting off her mouth but thats it. Palin at least backs up what she says. Palin knows what a hard days work is and the difference between right and wrong. She is willing to take a stand and not wishy wash around. Personaly i am glad she does not have years of time in washington. We have plenty of those. we need a common sense person who knows how the rest of the world lives.

Default Palin & guns

Her attitude towards the Second Amendment is more important than her hunting. All the politicians claim they support your right to hunt.

I met Sarah at the Anchorage gun show when she was campaiging for the primary. She is the only candiadate that I recall that even admitted going to gun shows.

I think the thing really unique about Sarah is that she may be the first person running ever from a middle class background in the past 100 years or more. That fact alone may add a unique influenece to the White House.
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Watching MSNBC using the Demo-crap attack dogs yesterday was fun to watch, Sarah is of course the worst person on earth for trying to get her X-broth-en-law fired. It seemed a little odd to me how the attack dogs know more about this than the legislative cometti that is doing the investigation?

Then again I have never really seen the members of the Demo-crapic party let the truth stand in their way.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Default Where did Upland's comment go...

Just realized my comments make no sense without the comments (Upland)of the poster that was above mine. I'm not sure where they disappeared to, maybe the ether net. Just to be clear, Palin is a woman that may pleasantly surpise the doubters. I cannot believe the pressure she is being subjected to, but I really think she can do the job. Alaska women are a force to be admired.

I think it is selfish for people to say they dont like Sarah Palin as a VP pick because they want her in Alaska still. Its time for her to mix it up with the big boys now. We all know politics are local and thats where things really happen. But she will be a great voice! People outside alaska are doubting her speaking ability. She beat Murkowski and Tony Knowels ( thank god ) and during that whole time kept within herself and remained well spoken. Now she is the most popular politician in Alaska history and will soon carry the same spark Nation wide. This is a HUGE chance for firearm owners, hunters, and republicans. I can not wait for the debates and will definatly be tuning in.

Lots of "new members" posting on this. If your really here to learn about Alaska and outdoors activities here, then welcome. If however your here looking for dirt like the phone call I got from a medial outlet in NY today ....well I'll just repeat good luck you're not going to find anything, Governor Palin is the only political leader I can find nothing wrong with in my lifetime. She is what she says she is, nothing more nothing less. This is from someone who strongly disagrees with some of her positions!
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast