Thread: glock 3.5 trigger connector

Default glock 3.5 trigger connector

I just got a glock 23. i was thinking of getting the 3.5 trigger connectore put in it. Does it really lower the poundage down to 3.5? Have anyone had this done? Tell what you think of it, if you have had it done. Thanks

Default 3.5

I put the connector in my Glock 21. I can't tell much difference other than the 3.5 jus feels smoother. They are probably more valuable to a competition shooter than just an occasional shooter like me.

You'd probably get just as much benefit by polishing the contact surfaces of the stock trigger and striker as you would get with the 3.5# trigger connector and you get to keep the original spec Glock part as a bonus.
    Now what ?

I put 3.5's in both of my Glocks and love them. It is so fast and easy to do and there is no perminate mods to the guns so you can always go back to factory in less than a minute.

Default Something to consider...

I would give some thought before tinkering with the most reliable pistol ever made. That is of course assuming you don't have a very specific reason for doing so. Many people that I have talked with that customized the Glock wished they had left the gun in its stock configuration. Reliability and safety are the first two reasons. I got a Glock 35 two years back and read up on the upgrades for it. I could have rebuilt the darn thing. So many cool upgrades out there. Competition barrels and such were of great interest to me. Ulitmately, I decided to leave the gun along. It is the most accurate gun I own and works flawlessly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default glock trigger

i am a glock armorer, and can recommend the 3.5# connector to improve your shooting. this requires a "switch-out" of parts and no gunsmithing to add to cost or resale issues.

a grip plug and extended slide release is handy too!

quality parts can be found with glock, brownells, or even eBay.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by pinehavensredrocket View Post
    i am a glock armorer, and can recommend the 3.5# connector to improve your shooting. this requires a "switch-out" of parts and no gunsmithing to add to cost or resale issues.

a grip plug and extended slide release is handy too!

quality parts can be found with glock, brownells, or even eBay.

good luck!
    +1! May I add that along with these that I switched out the stock sights on my G20 to the Heine/Dawson F/O combo for additional "improvement" in sight acquisition/accuracies. I am awaiting from Lone Wolf the Long Slide that should be out "hopefully" in the near future for my G20, the 6" KKM hunting bbl. is goofy looking in the stock slide.

Bottom line as many have said-the Glock just works in its original design. Gaston knew what he was doing with his desire of a lightweight high capacity and fully functionable and reliable auto pistol-a great creation!

Default Caution

If this is a self defense or CCW gun, do NOT lighten the trigger. If you ever had to use it, this will come back to haunt you in court.

If this is purely a recreational or competition shooter, then changing the connector is fine. However, unless you are also going to do the complete trigger bar polishing job at the same time, simply dropping in the 3.5 is just wasted effort and you'll realize little gain.

One of the best "tactical" trigger jobs involves a complete polish, 3.5# connector, and the NY 8# trigger spring. The coupling of the 3.5 connector with the NY spring gives a baby smooth and consistent 5# pull. Maintaining the factory pull prevents the "hair trigger" attacks in the court room.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

I do use it for CCW. I never thought about the hair trigger conplant. I figured that if I pull it out it would be for agood reason. The only reason I was going to get it would be to make it s alittle smoother to shot.

Default glock trigger

i disagree with the court issue on a light trigger, and have actually had to defend my shooting, unlike some other folks who talk about it. after a shooting, questions will be asked, and make no mistake it will have to be justified. understand the law, be competent with your training and marksmansship, and use good judgement.

the glock is assembled with components designed to be used in any weapon.....not fitted to just one. polishing surfaces (some of them plastic) will have no benefit, and may actually make your glock unsafe.

understand this design is probably the most reliable handgun extent, and wasn't made to "punch paper". it can and will shoot accurately(my 17 will hit empty 9mm cases @ 16 long steps), refitting parts can help you shoot better and enjoy your glock more.

contact your local glock dealer, or police armorer, for more information and good luck!

"Hair Trigger" arguments causing problems in court are well documented by hundreds of cases.

A proper polishing job will not make a Glock "unsafe". There are no plastic parts that get polished. No metal is removed from the metal parts. A Glock trigger job is nothing more than a finishing touch to the burr that is formed when the trigger bar is stamped. This burr is inconsistent from part to part and causes extra friction where the trgger bar rides against the connector. Polishing does nothing more than ensure this metal-on-metal friction point is as smooth as possible.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Not broke leave stock. the 5.5 on mine breaks CLEAN the 3.5 was mushy save your money and buy ammo and shoot the heck out of it shooting it 2-3000 rounds and then clean and oil it properly and it will be good to go this has been my experience on this

If this is a self defense or CCW gun, do NOT lighten the trigger. If you ever had to use it, this will come back to haunt you in court.
    I disagree. A good self-defense shoot is still a good self defense shoot regardless what modifications have ben made to the gun.

If your argument is correct, then that would open the door to to argue that using custom built pistols in SD will haunt you in court.
    Now what ?

Default Yes...

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    If your argument is correct, then that would open the door to to argue that using custom built pistols in SD will haunt you in court.
    ...it certainly can.

This topic has been covered extensively by Massad Ayoob and other self defense pistol instructors. His works have cited many cases where gun modifications have been used against the shooter in self defense cases. It doesn't automatically mean you'll lose in court, but it can provide added difficulty that your lawyer will have to overcome. It's in the same category as putting up the old "anyone found here after dark will be found here in the morning" type of no tresspassing signs. Why risk it?
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

while attending the ohio peace officers academy as a pr24 instructor (with massad ayoob) we discussed one of my shootings over beer one night. he is a strong advocate of training innovation and new shooting techniques.

i think you're missing the point if an improved trigger, sights, grips, or other peripherals will determine guilt or innocence in a defensive shooting. i know that is not the way he feels........or the way he trains. further, as a professional witness, he will testify on your behalf in court.

this is not intended as legal advice, but is an opinion based on over 35 years of law enforcement experience.

this discussion has gone pretty far afield from tuning a glock handgun, and is my last entry in this matter.