Thread: That's cool - And Pat, yours is ready

Thumbs up That's cool - And Pat, yours is ready

Field & Stream Honors The General as "Best of the Best"

For Immediate Release Eugene, OR (August 25, 2008)-Each year Field & Stream magazine distinguishes the best outdoor equipment in its annual Gear of the Year issue. For 2008, the judges recognized BowTech's General as the "Best of the Best" in the bow category. Industry experts rigorously field-tested and evaluated every aspect of the bow's performance against its competitors and carefully examined engineering and workmanship while subjecting the bows to demanding trials. As a result of its superior quality, design and performance, The General rose above the competition.

"We are very honored to have The General distinguished as the 'Best of the Best'. Innovation, quality and performance are values we strive for with every model we produce," says BowTech's president and CEO, John Strasheim.

Products were divided into 11 major categories. Editors in charge of each category assembled expert test panels, gathered gear from manufacturers and chose testing locations. They evaluated hundreds of gear items and put all contenders through rigorous tests to see what truly stood out as the best of the best.

According to Field & Stream, "The General flung arrows accurately, consistently and with adequate speed."

Each bow tested was set up with a capture rest, a string nock and a draw weight of 70 pounds with a 29-inch draw length. Testers measured arrow speed through a chronograph and bow noise with a decibel meter. Next, they shot the bows and rated them from 1(low) to 10(high) on draw cycle, back wall, balance, hand shock (vibration) and overall performance.

The judges were unanimous that felt recoil was almost nonexistent and declared The General, "Completely dead at the release...for folks who love to shoot a great-feeling bow, there's nothing better."
    BowTech manufactures and distributes the world's finest compound bows and archery equipment. Founded in 1999, BowTech's corporate offices and manufacturing facilities are located in Eugene, Oregon. With a worldwide distribution network, BowTech's family of brands include: BowTech, Diamond and Ross compound bows, Octane archery accessories, Stryker crossbows, Airow Gun and WaterDog Surface Technologies. BowTech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Savage Sports Corporation, located in Westfield. MA. Savage brands include Savage Arms, Stevens, Fox, Savage (Canada), Savage Range Systems and PortaTarget.

2008 BowTech

###

Paul, very cool! wow i knew there was a good reason i bought that bow. will be by wed. evening to pick it up. great service from you as always. also save me one of those new targets when they come in.
    thanx Pat
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I have a Guardian. Since it is my first bow, I don't know any better, but everybody comments on its lack of noise and recoil. Recoil and noise was a concern when I was doing my research but that was resolved after the first shots.

My wife now sleep on the couch, because my bow takes up the other side of the bed.

Default Love my General

It has already racked up a body count of one goat so we will see how it handles on the sheep in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Pupchow View Post
    It has already racked up a body count of one goat so we will see how it handles on the sheep in October.
    What? No pics??!

Quote Originally Posted by Pupchow View Post
    Yeah, I heard a rumor of a couple of guys, wielding Generals, hitting Kodiak and taking a couple of goats within moments of hitting the tarmac. Someone said it was a farm hunt but I am sure the truth will be told shortly .....

As far as the Guardian ...DEAD IN YOUR HAND - the quietest bow you'll never hear.

Default Fenced in Hunting

The hardest part was cornering them in the pen and picking out the biggest one . Nope no pics i am in the process of getting an account to be able to post pics.

How much they going for? Pfd's are around the corner and I'm ready to get into bow hunting.