Thread: Fishing floats

Default Fishing floats

Just wondering what would be better, A Single Float tube for one person of a raft? I would probably only use it for floating lakes or even rivers, But would a Float tube work in the Kenai or would it have to be a raft? Just trying to think of ways to get out and fish. Thanks

Float tubes are good for lakes but not for rivers.
    I had a tube and replaced it with a single person cataraft/pontoon. It will work well in both types of water. Most of the 'toons will even accept an electric motor for running around the lakes. They also allow you to sit higher for easier casting.

On the Catarafts can you actually do hunting trips with those also? Thanks for the info.

What did you want to do????
    The one man rafts don't have a huge capacity, so if you want to go on a mose hunt or other big game look at one of the larger rafts. Maybe a 14 footer. I'm sure there will be other replies by some who have actually used them for hunting, I have not, atleast not yet.

You would definitly have to go bigger. The one man cats only have ratings for about 300-350 lbs. If you are looking for something that would be a good hunting platform, a self bailer is a good idea.

Take a look at the SOAR inflatable canoes. They make several models. If you are going to spend money, get something that you can take out on a lake, fish rivers, small steams, and take extended float trips with if desired. The SOAR could be a one boat does all kind of deal for many people. I have heard good things about these canoes. If float trips are of interest, look at the 14 and 16 ft models. They would have room for two people and gear. You can paddle these with kayak paddles which would make it easy to get around on them. If you look at the Pro Pioneer, it would likely be better with oar saddles and oars.

http://www.soar1.com/soar_12.htm

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...highlight=soar
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.