Thread: Alagnak/Branch River

Default Alagnak/Branch River

Hello!

I'm looking for some info here... going to float the Alagnak in late September.
    Thinking about going in to Kukaklek Lk and floating out, went it to Nonvianuk Lk. last year and want to try the other lake this year.

anyone have any advice?

also, any predictions for chrome silvers in late Sept.??!!

thanks.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=37389

Be careful about Private Property on Kukaklek......

I've done that float twice, but in July each time. Good fishing...lots of bears...one class III+ rapid a few miles downstream from the lake outlet.

Just read a bit in "The Alaska River Guide" by Karen Jettmar. It says that there are some rapids in that section that could be interesting. Specifically, the canyon section which you can not line/portage. Sounds like you would have to run them once you got there. I would do some digging on that to be sure it is not more than you are wanting to get into. This is no doubt why putting in on the other lake is more popular. Sounds like the Kukaklek route would be more challenging for sure.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.