Thread: Resurrection Silvers in close yet?

Question Resurrection Silvers in close yet?

I've been venturing a little too far with my little boat to suit my wife's (and my) comfort, just to try for some halibut and silvers. Caught a loner Silver in Thumb Cove last Friday, but haven't heard of much in close. Anyone been out recently? I saw some reports from Saturday, but they were out as far as Johnstone Bay. Too far for this little guy. Still looking for the halibut, too. Thought some would follow the Silvers in. Appreciate all the help. We have been out to the South end of Fox and around the islands and in the Narrows. Running out of options before stopping for hunting season.

Thanks
    Mike

The silvers are being a bit odd (late) this year in the bay. I was getting my limit every day out for the last couple weeks in July and the first week of Aug. and then it dropped off like a light switch. You`re working the right areas. Give the pilings on the other side of the bay a troll...the water clarity is poor but the silvers don`t seem to care.

Default Ak2az

Thanks. I'll try that. It sure seems odd to have them come in close so late this year.

08/23/08 we trolled for only two hours between the harbor and the prison (had reservations for the Fiord cruise). No hits for us, but saw two fish caught, boats were clustered over by the prison, but scattered before we left. Marked a few fish at about 50 ft. I plan to go back this coming weekend. Like a gold prospector, we live in hope of finding the mother load!
    NRA Lifetime Member

Default People thinning out?

I was wondering if the snowbirds have started leaving yet.
    Was in sedward 12-14th and it was standing room only.
    I know it was derby time but man was there a lot of people there.