Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tok River Trail Head Vandals

Default Tok River Trail Head Vandals

Recently returned from ATV'n up the Tok River for Sheep hunt to find the truck window broken. Clothing, wallets/cash, & tools stolen.

All I can say is, good thing they were not there when we got back.

I really don't want that kind of thing to dischourage people from hunting the country. I've heard about others having similar problems with the Mentasta/Tok area. Really sucks when slugs do that sort of thing over $2000 lost and damaged.

My advise is to take an old POS Vehicle if you have to leave one.

Also saw the trooper/rescue bird making trips up the valley to evac someone, no word on who or what required that. Water was much higher after the weekend of rain.

BTW, no shooters this time.

Default That sucks

but not surprised at all. I live in Tok and today it is finally NOT raining!

Seems like this is happening all over this year.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

I think this is a sign to come. As the hunting community in Ak grows and the road system improves hunters will venture out further and someone will always try to keep you out.

It would be nice to stake out the truck and catch the pukes that pull crap like that. A claymore and a trip wire would work as well!

Default sorry to hear

about your loss..i also had the frustration one year at sheep crk. and have never went back there. flat tire with rocks on hood of new truck!! i was so young and mad that i wanted to do bodily harm to the individuals and realize i would still be looking at brick walls for my irresponsible unthought out actions if i were to encounter it again. hopefully they will get caught and punished to the full extent of the law, which sadly wont be enough..

im telling you, a nice 6 pack of urine left out to take is satisfying to see gone!!

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 338MUZZLEBREAK View Post
    im telling you, a nice 6 pack of urine left out to take is satisfying to see gone!!

remind me not to go to go drinking with you...... but great idea
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Bad deal.

Sorry to hear about this.

Never leave your wallet or cash in your parked rig, guys!

Leave important stuff at home (valuable credit cards etc.) and hide the wallet and keys in a ziplock under the vehicle somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kgpcr View Post
    A claymore and a trip wire would work as well!
    I like that idea!!!! Can we fill the claymore with rock salt and some sort of permanent skin marking paint or die? That would be awesome to put them in real pain and be marked for life LOL

Default A way to help

Seems a good way to catch these dirt bags would be to hide a trail cam in the brush if your leaving your truck for awhile. At least you would have a fighting chance to catch them. I purchased some at sportsman's, and you can get a decent one for $75 bucks..... course, they might find your cam, then your out that too...
    Experience Real Alaska! www.alpinecreeklodge.com

online you can get diagrams to make your own game cams that work real good, that might be the ans. to this. I wonder if one could get the permant ink sprayers like they have in banks to mark crooks when they open drawers with money in them? That might be a little hard to explain in a small village.

Default What happening

Seem like I'm seeing more and more post reguarding this. I's like to hear a story of these SOB's being caught and dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by REMF View Post
    I like that idea!!!! Can we fill the claymore with rock salt and some sort of permanent skin marking paint or die? That would be awesome to put them in real pain and be marked for life LOL
    A "veil" of tiny treble hooks securely attached with spiderwire??a hand full in a ziplock under a light seat cover??

Contest !!! best idea gets the first lashings when they get caught

Default palin

Thanks to palin for cutting the troopers overtime! We need more troopers on the job. I will send a letter to palin thanking her for looking out for the working men and women of the state. I think she just cares about the welfare rats that do this b and e crap! Every other stae in the union cares about providing enough law enforcement to the people, not Alaska! Its not on the top of the list. She would rather find the next t.v. camara to watch herself on, oh yeah, and to run the oil companys off. The mentality of this state just is amazing to me!

Take the law into your own hands, keep it to yourself!

Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by algonquin View Post
    online you can get diagrams to make your own game cams that work real good, that might be the ans. to this. I wonder if one could get the permant ink sprayers like they have in banks to mark crooks when they open drawers with money in them? That might be a little hard to explain in a small village.
    Instead of ink spraying how about pepper spray or some mink lure (gusto)?
    Of course then you may have a lawsuit. Might be worth it.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by autoglass View Post
    Thanks to palin for cutting the troopers overtime! We need more troopers on the job. I will send a letter to palin thanking her for looking out for the working men and women of the state. I think she just cares about the welfare rats that do this b and e crap! Every other stae in the union cares about providing enough law enforcement to the people, not Alaska! Its not on the top of the list. She would rather find the next t.v. camara to watch herself on, oh yeah, and to run the oil companys off. The mentality of this state just is amazing to me!

Take the law into your own hands, keep it to yourself!

Tim.
    Wow, the times have changed. I remember (and not too long ago) all the hype about Palin and her vows to reinstitute the brownshirts and to increase the trooper numbers...

Why not consider it like a new hunting opportunity.

We bait bears and use a lot of ways to attract animals.

When the season is over or not open and there is no hunting opportunities, why not leave valuable items in your truck (cash, watches, expensive items) and sit up on the hill waiting for the animals to come in for the bait.

I am not recommending that you shoot them when they show up but if enough of us took it up as a new hunting opportunity, I do believe that the number of incidents would decrease a lot (did not Charles Bronson do this in a movie).

I hate it when my dark side coms out.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

It seems like every governor we get, Democrat, or Republican, cuts the funding for the State Troopers, somehow. They've never been big enough or trained well enough. IMO, that explains in part why they are so often unresponsive, and ineffective.

That vandalism was probably done by local people who don't want hunters, from some place else. What did the State Troopers do? Take a report?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Not Palin's fault

I don't think that you got your truck broken into and your hard-earned property stolen due to Palin's administration. I think our country's weak judicial system breeds courageous crooks. If the penalty for stealin' was to get your fricking hand chopped off, then we would presumably see less theft. I bet that half of these crooks have already been slapped with misdemeanors and a few days in jail. They are perpetual abusers of society's trust. Lazy and slothful they've never earned anything in their life and definately don't fear the consequences of getting caught. I don't know what kind of restraint I'd exercise if I ever caught red-handed crooks haulin' off with my gear? I'd love to think I wouldn't shoot them. I wonder how much trouble a guy would get into for putting a round into their radiator? You'd probably get nabbed with attempted homocide with a deadly weapon. Maybe we should just crank a round into thieves and call it self defense. I don't know. I feel for you loosing your things to crooks; I've been there; I know. I like the baiting idea...

Default Payback

Let me tell you a true story. We had a older man here in Downeast Maine. He owned and operated a foundry. With the price of metal being so high, theives in the night stole some of his metal. He felt they would be back for more, so he stated checking his shop every night, carrying his rife. He discovered a 08 truck parked next to the shop. He waited and watched and saw two people loading up the truck with metal. He started shooting their truck, the two scumbags thought he was shooting at them. They hightailed it into the woods. He disabled their truck with well placed shots, such as windows, raditor, & tires. The police came, ( which can be hours later) and ran the plate number. The young woman who owned the truck was arrested along with the man. Can't you hear her explaining to her insurance company why they should pay to repair her truck? I would like to make a claim for the damage to my truck, how you ask was the truck damaged, what you need an accident report, hmm, let me get back to you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast