Thread: LOA?

Post LOA?

What is the optimum length overall (LOA) for your custom GlacierCraft boat if you could order anything you want? Sometimes it depends on where you are going to moor the boat in a slip. At Seward, the rule used to be that if your boat was 36'5" from the tip of the anchor pulpit to the aft of the engines, you would qualify for a 32' slip. If you were 36'7", you would have to move to a 40' slip where the wait list is significantly longer (like 6 to 8 years). The wait list for a 32' slip is much shorter in the neighborhood of 3 years. A 30' GlacierCraft will probably measure somewhere near 36' when all is said and done.

The Seward Harbor and the Seward City Council will make a decision this fall on what to do with boats between 36' and 37'. If you are interested, call the Seward Small Boat Harbor at 907-224-3138 for more information.

On Order: 30' x 10'6" GC with twin Suzuki DF300's

I would think a 28 - 30 foot GC would be the best. I think with my needs the extra width would provide more benefit than an extra foot in length. Of course that is what I would want in a boat and everyone is different.

Your analysis of the slip requirement is good. I had never considered it that way as I am planning on parking mine in the lot. Good info to have for future plans though.
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Anything goes, huh? If money were not an option (read: I had two sugar mamas instead of one) I would have a mid to upper 30' cat built. Scott was showing me his plans a while back and they intrigued me. Way out of my league $$$ wise, plus I believe it would have close to a 14'+ or - beam. I could really get used to all the interior room with all that beam.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

All things considered I think I would go with a 28-29 footer with a 10 ft beam. It depends upon whether you are trailering the boat and how far and where you are launching. How much you want to spend for the boat and how much you want to spend to operate the boat The above combo should operate fairly efficiently with twin 200's and have plenty of room for family and friends. Should be able to handle it by yourself if forced to and will trailer without a piot car.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

I'd go with a 100' that sleeps 14 people. Triple 500hp diesels and bow/side thrusters for those "tight" spots . 1800-2000 gal. of fuel should keep her moving for a week or two while cruising the sound.....

You said we could order anything we want right?
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

So how many sugar mama's would it take to get one of those?
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbtide View Post
    So how many sugar mama's would it take to get one of those?

I don't know, but I'd have room to sleep 13!!!
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....