Thread: Anybody know where to launch a boat off the haul road for hunting?

Default Anybody know where to launch a boat off the haul road for hunting?

Going up the haul road next week and thinking about taking my boat. Does anyone know where I can put in a boat around Cooldfoot?

Thanks in advance Rick

What kind of boat and what river? Are you moose hunting up there looking for water?

I dont know about around coldfoot but there is an open access road about 3 miles past pump station 2 on the right hand side of the road. Obviously the access is to the SAG, but the Ivashak is a short distance. River levels were high enough a few weeks ago and we were able to take an 18 foot lowe line tunnel with a 40hp jet almost to the brooks range. We may have been able to go further but did not desire to do so.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

there is a small access point behind the cold foot DOT and Air port.. i have never seen anything larger then a jon boat launched there. 14-16 foot at best... but i am sure there are those that do.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here