Thread: More than he bargained for

Default More than he bargained for

August 3, my buddy from Florida flew up for some fishing and then to accompany me on the drive down to Florida, where I am starting school. I thing he got more of an adventure than he planned on. Here is a link to the account he posted on his local fishing forum.

http://pensacolafishingforum.com/fis...63343-3-1.aspx

Holy Crap! Great read!

thanks
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

That's a great read!!!!
    There's a reason I won't drive at night along the Canuck section of the Alaska Highway. The section around Muncho Lake BC is deadly. Last fall at dusk I saw 2 herds of elk, a dozen deer, 2 dozen buffalo, 2 herds of cariboo and a dozen moose in a 7 mile stretch!!!!!! It's the most terrifying section of road I have ever driven. The only other place that comes close if Manitoulin Island in Georgian Bay in Ontario where I had to avoid 54 deer in a 1/2 hour stretch.

Awesome story! Glad you guys weren't hurt...and sorry your blazer was...Study hard!

Now that is one wild story. Great read and thanks for sharing
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Lmao

well im sitting here having a few drinks my self and wow what a great story. i to am goin to drive out of this state when my time comes so maybe i will have a story like that. but glad you made it and again great story.

What a great read. Thats one trip you will never forget and stories will be told for years to come!

Default I've said it before...

"When you travel to Alaska, expect surprises..."

Rosenberg/Florida
    "Two decades researching and defining fishing opportunities in the Last Frontier!"

Good thing he took pictures or else that story might be a bit hard to believe.

Smile An Alaskan story.....

That is a great Alaskan adventure story. But, I think you and your buddy really need to add a late season coastal billy goat hunt to your resume. Thanks for sharing your story with us. "Ya all come back now hear".

Default I love AK

Wow sounds like there wasn't a boring minute on your buddy's trip! Looks like you all had some great fishing action and now a cool story to go along with it. Man I miss home.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the kind words, guys, glad you enjoyed it. As much of a pain as a lot of it was, it seems like an appropriate way to cap off my time in Alaska. I am already wanting to get done with school so I can return "home".

Awesome story and the accompanying pics were amazing! I'm glad that your trip started out great, but sorry for the harrowing road trip!

Again, thanks for the post. It made my day! Oh, and good luck in Lawschool!

The trip was probably an omen that you shouldn't become a lawyer

Default Yeah

you know what they say about a thousand lawyers chained tiogether at the bottom of the sea....... a good start

Fantastic Story, I drove the Alcan alone last November and was PARANOID of hitting animals.

Default Great Story

Now let's hear about spear fishing in the Gulf.

Default Great story!

First off thanks for hitting the buffalo you have fulfilled my revenge. Six years ago I was bringing my family up from the states and near missed one 130 miles south of Watson Lake. Mind you this was in February and the trailer kicked out on the ice and I lost control of the Bronco and Trailer, dumping me in the deep snow. Luckily the wife and kids were following in another car. Any way I dug for a few hours and no one stopped to help, until a fellow Alaskan from Kenai came along and helped tow us out. Not trying to hijack this thread but I would like to thank that guy. So if you have ever heard of a guy from Kenai who helped us six years ago in February please let me know. Thanks again for sharing your great adventure!!!