Thread: Outcast Pac10 in the Chulitna??

Default Outcast Pac10 in the Chulitna??

I'm going to be floating the Chilitna in my Super Duper Puma and don't have enough room for one of my buddies.I have a outcast pac 10 that he could use but wanted to ask you guys that floated it what you think about that .From what i've seen on other post seems like it would be ok..He knows what he is doing so i'm not worried about that and the raft handles some pretty big water..Yes ,,,No,,,or Maybe... Thanks.

I've floated it many times. It won't be a problem.
    When are you guys going?
    Take care, abel6wt

Going to go this weekend or next,,should know on 27th... Thanks for the info...

Default Floating this weekend

We are going to be floating the Chulitna for the first time this weekend. Maybe we'll see you out there. We'll have a caravan of 3 round boats. There is some good info in some older threads.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...light=chulitna

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...light=chulitna

Are you going to be fishing?

I'll be in a red Super Duper Puma,,stop by & say hi if you got the time...

Talking awesome float!

Well, we finished the float, one of the best I have ever done!

Last weekend was gorgeous in the Chulitna valley, warm weather (floated in T shirts!) and the leaves are just starting to turn. Didn't have time to throw a line in the water, although we saw some spawned out kings around Hurricane Creek. Saw one brown bear and one came through our camp one night (saw the fresh tracks), but no incidents, and got to see a porky drinking from the river. This was my first time, but the water seemed a little low based on the waterline and exposed bars. The water is pretty manageable and the bumpies aren't any problem as long as you are paying attention, just enough to be fun. We were loaded down with our "comfort camp" setup and only had trouble a couple of times in the braids, when we chose a less-than-perfect line. We floated kind of slowly but got from the East Fork put in to Talkeetna in about 21 hours of floating. I may make this a yearly ritual.