Thread: Dana Designs Deal on CL...

Thumbs up Dana Designs Deal on CL...

Just thought I'd pass it along. http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/811634932.html
    I have two packs made by Dana Designs (before they were sold to Marmot) and I love both of them.

FWIW, after Dana Designs was sold, Dana Gleason got back into the business (maybe never left!) as Mystery Ranch.

http://www.mysteryranch.com/about/dana-dna.php
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

ak257,

He never did "leave", you're right. He sold Dana in 1995 and stayed with K2 for 3 or 4 years. I left after a year and a half, couldn't STAND the new corporate culture. Dana's non-compete clause was five years, which is why he started Mystery Ranch in 2000, the day and hour that the non-compete clause expired.

Dana told me way back in 1990 that he will always make "gear, you know, equipment! Not fashion!!" There's a difference between making stuff that looks good on the store wall and making gear.

I have my 1990 Big Sky Dana Design pack that's just barely starting to wear on the zippers, should last another 18 years or so.

The MR set-up I'm using right now is by far the best I've ever had. I also have friends with the old Dana packs and I can't talk them into giving one up to me for any amount of money. Good stuff!!
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)