Thread: Another Ram Down

Default Another Ram Down

After doubling up with my partner on great Brooks Range double broomers last week which I posted about earlier, my sheep hunting fix for the year still wasn't satiated. So I grabbed another buddy with an unnotched sheep tag and headed to my honey hole for a quickie. We left town Wednesday after work and were in Sheep Camp by Thursday afternoon. Fog, clouds and rain prevailed, but eventually lifted enough to spot some rams that had potential. So we loaded up and headed up the mountain. We weren't able to get on them that day, but were high on the mountain in good position for Friday. Friday mid-morning found us on top of the ridge directly above 17 rams. Still though, thick fog and clouds did not allow us to determine horn curls or a route to them. So we hunkered down and waited it out in the pouring rain. Finally the clouds began to move in and out enough to allow us to sneak within 200 yards. When the clouds parted again this beautiful 36.5 inch ram was posing nicely broadside across the gully. I instructed my buddy to shoot and there you have it. We were back in town by Saturday night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, awesome story and excellent pictures! Good for you guys,

KRS

Awesome, what a great ram....congrats to the hunter!! I hope this isn't in the same hole I am visiting on Thursday!!

Default Friends?

Fullcurl we need to be friends.....congrats on another beautiful ram!

Very nice. That flaring horn makes it look bigger than 36". Way to get in on three sheep kills in a season. Lots of experience gained there.

Totally awesome,and s super congrats to you both.

Default Nice

Great sheep, Congrats!