Thread: Anybody have experience with Storm Chasers?

Default Anybody have experience with Storm Chasers?

It looks like I will be considering Storm Chasers Marine in Seward for some work on my glass boat to include new power. Does anyone have good, or bad, experience with them?

Thanks.

Default I/O or outboard

I can't speak on Storm Chaser's but I can highly recommend Jerry at Seward Heavy Industrial. He really knows his stuff and won't rip you off. But he doesn't work on outboards.

Default praise

I have had them work on my Honda twice. I have nothing but praise, praise praise for them. Both times they looked at it in one day.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
    Rich Adventures
    PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

I highly recommend Carl, he's a top notch mechanic and a good guy and a wealth of free info. I was a Seward charter boat captain for a number of years (2 running Honda outboards) and spent plenty of time next to that guy working on boats. His prices are fair for the area and it is a family run buisness, him and his wife. Jerry does not do outboards he is a Volvo mechanic.

Default no outboards

Anyone use them for diesels? I'm looking at I/O. If I was going with Volvo, Jerry @ Seward Heavy would be the MAN.

Default Diesel's

Carl is a Cummins dealer (Which is a good engine) or was, You do not want my opinion on I/O's.

I just hand my new outboards serviced at Storm Chasers last week. I too was looking for a good dealer and read some good things about them. I felt they did an excellent job on my boat, and did have it done it the stated time frame.

Since I did not purchase the boat from them, they went through the rigging on the boat (without me asking them to) and actually found an issue. They phoned me to inform me of the issue, and let me decide how I wanted to handle it. I gave them the go ahead to keep it for a second day, and repair the issue.

I was totally pleased with the service I received, and felt the price of the service was fair. It actually cost less than I figured it would.

They will get my business from here on out!!!

AkBillyBow
    2007 Glacier Bay Cat 2690 Coastal Runner, Twin Honda 150's