Thread: Corgi's in AK

Default Corgi's in AK

Does anyone know of any Corgi breeders in AK? Corg's have displaced Lab's as my favorite breed. Gotta find one.

Cute and smart dogs, but good luck with the whole weak back issue in that breed.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

WARNING! The attached images depict scenes of ABJECT CUTENESS that may be disturbing to some viewers overly sensitive to cuteness. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

http://www.dailypuppy.com/puppies/Pe...rgi_2008-07-03

lasgun,

I know quite a few reputable corgi breeders up here, but I would have to know if you are wanting Welsh or Pembroke. I'd be happy to refer you to someone who is knowledgeable and reputable.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Same here PM me and I'll send you a couple #'s for some of the breeders I know.

Used to show and title pembroke corgi's as working dogs, still know a few people who do.

Huntress, I think you mean Cardigan or Pembroke....

Duh! Thank you AK! I was up WAY to early this morning!

I still show and my handler has Cardigan Welsh Corgi's....I'd be happy to help out!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

At the last Alaska DockDog fun jump I won a jar of Max Hydration, Electrolytes, Amino Acids, Oxygen Enhancers.
    What would indicate that I should use this? We are not working in heat or really overworking like we would upland hunting now but we will be.

Lucy our 6 yr. old 50 lb. lab works herself into a lather even at at below freezing weather when we go on a stroll grouse hunting. After we shoot the first one, she really gears up working the brush very hard and fast. At some point we stop and let her catch her breath and cool off - her tongue is hanging,eyes bulging and dry so we carry water. She has to be encouraged to drink over and over to get more in her. We have to watch her closely since she does not let up the hunt even when exhausted. Her heart and lungs are good and recently checked. I keep her fairly lean but just increased her food a bit since we are working more every day to get ready for hunting.

Should I mix up some water with the MH and when should I use it. When she is overheated? When she is refusing water because all she wants to do is hunt? It's flavored and may entice her to drink more?
    Thanks for any advice

www.alaskadognews.com

I see this is an old post but this is the best thing I've found on Alaskan breeders on corgis. I'm also looking for a corgi breeder, preferably welsh. I live in Palmer but I'm willing to drive anywhere to get one, any information is appreciated thanks in advance!

We had one when we lived in Homer...gotta dig a path for them in the snow...legs too short and they shed really bad...Corgi's are cute...Labs are best!!!
    Somewhere along the way I have lost the ability to act politically correct. If you should find it, please feel free to keep it.