Thread: Any Silvers in the Homer Lagoon?

Default Any Silvers in the Homer Lagoon?

We're making our last trip of the summer to Homer this coming Thursday. Are there any good fish left coming in on the tides in the lagoon or at Deep Creek? We'll camp on the spit or at Deep Creek to get some clams too. If not there where are some good locations for table worthy salmon on the way to Anchorage that have a park or something close to occupy my non-fishing wife and toddler for a bit?
    Last edited by MidnightSunRebel; 08-24-2008 at 13:45. Reason: more info to post.

I was just down there this past week, and although I did not personally fish the lagoon, as I was cleaning fish at the tables right there I saw a number of silvers jumping, and saw a few of them being caught.
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

Default Lagoon is happening

Yep, Saturday and Sunday am they were in the lagoon. Silvers are popping, we all commented that it looked someone making popcorn. Bite happening at the peak of flood tide otherwise just a long wait between strikes.

Spinner or eggs??? Anything happening across the bay??

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanSD View Post
    Spinner or eggs??? Anything happening across the bay??
    We picked up silvers over by Poggi last week, and heard there were some more being caught there recently. Also something about silvers being hit further out by the charters still, so maybe not all have come in yet?
    '04 Hewescraft 24' Searunner
    200hp Honda 4stroke
    + multiple other 'toys'...

What kind of forage species should one expect in the lagoon or around the spit? I understand a lot of the "forage" comes from fish-processing waste, but I find flies more fun to use than bait.