Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Never buy from *******

Default Never buy from *******

This post is intended serve as a warning to others about the terrible treatment and poor customer service that is to be found at ***********.

About two months ago I bought a new Grizzly 700fi EPS with a two place trailer, full skid plate package, winch, plus all labor for installation paid in full.

First off, it took a rediculous 1.5 months to get the skid plates in stock. When I finally got a message that the skid plates were in I immediately made an appointment for their installation. I called two days in advance and made an appointment for Friday morning - August 22nd. I dropped my Grizz off at 9:30 am Friday morning. I checked my cell phone several times but no messages about my quad. When I got off work at 10:30pm I discovered that nobody called me all day Friday to inform me that my 4wheeler wouldn't be done on the 22nd.

I called to check on things this morning - Saturday August 23rd - and was told that nobody knew my quad was supposed to be worked on yesterday. They said it would probably be done today. At this point, as I'm leaving for a moose hunt tomorrow (Sunday) morning, and I work all day today (Saturday), my contempt is really starting to build...

I informed the person on the phone that I needed to know when it was done ASAP because I had to work all day and couldn't be away from work waiting on a machine that wasn't finished.

I called several times throughout the day to check on my quad. Every time I called the person speaking was rude and short with me. I was told that I would be contacted when my ATV was finished. This is very important because (as previously mentioned) I was working so I can't take off to wait a long time. At 4:45pm (they close at 5pm) I called again and was told that my ATV had been done for 30 minutes! Nobody ever called me as promised to let me know the job was completed.

When I arrived to pick up my ATV, the *******s there had the gall to question whether I had paid for the labor. They had my bill of sale which clearly stated that I paid for 3.5 hours of labor, but they still questioned whether I should pay more! Luckily my salesman was there to straighten things out.

As I'm sure you can understand, nobody should be forced to endure this extremely poor level of customer service. Situations such as this are completely unacceptable. Needless to say I am very upset and because of the terrible customer service I received I will no longer consider ********** for any future vehicle purchases service or parts.

If any of you out there are in the market for Yamaha products and you place value in honesty, customer service, and being treated with respect, you should highly consider spending your money elsewhere.
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-23-2008 at 23:15. Reason: business name removed per forum rules

This is a sad tale but one that I have been reading and hearing for a long time. I bought my rig from Spokane, paid the shipping and still came out way ahead on the price. Take the time to call around. price out the product then buy out of state and save Money:O) Don't take my word on this just use your phone. regards..Jeff

Default I hear ya

I got my first ATV a 2002 Yamaha big bear from there. The service sucked . I liked the machine. You should have tried to suffer through the ****** fiasco . talk about shotty service and attitude. When I was looking for a machine in may I went and did the rounds to buy and window shop. Arctic Cat/Suzuki was great service with knowledgeable staff. Honda had to flag down 2 people to ask questions and they didnt have the model in stock I wanted ... YAMAHA , ah yes , walked in noone would talk to me , tried to ask questions , they said they were too busy and to just look around for a bit ... YEAH .. that sealed it for me . Went to Kawasaki place , even worse than yamaha . ER polaris , CC skidoo , and Hartleys were all good as well .
    Last edited by Brian M; 08-24-2008 at 10:47.

Yea, that seems to be the attitude of power sport dealers in Anchorage. "If you want it, you put up with our crap."

ive always had good exerience w/ *******. i dont think its right you come here and voice how you got bad service because everyone has there own story they can tell about someone somewhere didnt give them the service they expected somehow someway. sounds like they need to communicate a little better when it comes to serving customers. they are the only dealer in anch and if i want to drive out of my way thinking im going to get better service from 50 miles away sounds like a gamble. Dave in service was great to deal with last time i was there so im going to bat for them as mayebe they arent perfect but to take a hit on a forum like this from one guy isnt going to change my buying preference. take your machine somewhere else next time, tell all your friends, but bringing it here is distasteful when i am new to the forum and dont like to see customer complaints in such places. Call the manager/owners and get it off your chest.

your phone calls all day long probably didnt help either. gotta think about the way you treat a waitress also sometimes. no onions!! well, now theres no onions but what else is now in its place? i know dinner doesnt cost $10k either but same analogy.

The business name has been removed from this thread. Our forum rules prohibit negative comments about businesses in public forums. Thank you for your understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    The business name has been removed from this thread. Our forum rules prohibit negative comments about businesses in public forums. Thank you for your understanding.
    You may want to reread post number three.......Too bad dealer bashing is against the rules because it is so FUN....

Quote Originally Posted by 338MUZZLEBREAK View Post
    tell all your friends, but bringing it here is distasteful when i am new to the forum and dont like to see customer complaints in such places. Call the manager/owners and get it off your chest.

your phone calls all day long probably didnt help either. gotta think about the way you treat a waitress also sometimes. no onions!! either but same
    I disagree ... I have called shop managers before, and it most of the times doesnt help. ALOT of dealers here not just specifically the place that sells japaneese made ATV's , have crappy attitudes towards customers the second after you sign on the line. Bottom line is they are there to help me , with my problems or questions . PERIOD. If a guy pays 7-12 grand for a machine or a UTV then it should run right etc. Also if the dealer promisses that the machine will be ready at a certain time then it should be done. EVERY dealer in this state knows when hunting season starts and that is unacceptable to have a machine sit around days after it was promised to the guy. I treat people that are performing a service for me like I want to be treated. BUT They work for me and they do what I say when I say it because I'm the guy with the money . Yamaha locally is in shambles . look at the fiasco with the place that use to be the to north of anchorage.. the place closed its doors leaving 1 in town and 1 what 60 miles away ?

....but bringing it here is distasteful when i am new to the forum and dont like to see customer complaints in such places. Call the manager/owners and get it off your chest.

your phone calls all day long probably didnt help either. gotta think about the way you treat a waitress also sometimes. no onions!! well, now theres no onions but what else is now in its place? i know dinner doesnt cost $10k either but same analogy.
    dude - Internet forums are just that; places to exchange information. Granted specific company names aren't supposed to be mentioned, but why not inform other hunters, fishermen, and outdoors people about potential poor service without mentioning the specific name, so anyone who wants can PM the person and find out the specific company involved? when you PREPAY for service, you're darn right you're free to have some sort of expectation!

as for your restaurant analogy, if the restaurant is going to get upset anytime someone asks to hold the onions, they should publish NO ALTERATIONS TO MENU CHOICES. Otherwise, be prepared for people to request food as they like to eat it.

Welcome to the foum, but be prepared to read posts every now and then that don't seem "tasteful" to you; that's part of our First Amendment freedom of expression.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    dude - Internet forums are just that; places to exchange information. Granted specific company names aren't supposed to be mentioned, but why not inform other hunters, fishermen, and outdoors people about potential poor service without mentioning the specific name, so anyone who wants can PM the person and find out the specific company involved? when you PREPAY for service, you're darn right you're free to have some sort of expectation!

as for your restaurant analogy, if the restaurant is going to get upset anytime someone asks to hold the onions, they should publish NO ALTERATIONS TO MENU CHOICES. Otherwise, be prepared for people to request food as they like to eat it.

Welcome to the foum, but be prepared to read posts every now and then that don't seem "tasteful" to you; that's part of our First Amendment freedom of expression.

specific names were used mdhunter!, and forum rules state they are not to be, your coming in late here. yes,restaurants will/may spit in your food if you are rude!! and the 1st amendment applies to everyone last time i heard, yes, its still true. Not sure if your a history buff wanting to flex a little or what your point was there??

and i have had great service from dealership mentioned and plan on buying two more machines 'tomarrow' so have a right to my opinion also and thought it would be a good time to express it. Zeb should have got better service i agree.. If i owned the dealership i would have gladly set down with him and listened to a service complaint before allowing him to feel the need to vent outside somewhere.

how can anything about hunting or atv,s be distasteful. come on now!! im a real Alaskan!

Default Ome more reason

This is just another example of why this forum needs to have a section for members only where names can be use and details of bad service

specific names were used mdhunter!, and forum rules state they are not to be, your coming in late here. yes,restaurants will/may spit in your food if you are rude!! and the 1st amendment applies to everyone last time i heard, yes, its still true. Not sure if your a history buff wanting to flex a little or what your point was there??

and i have had great service from dealership mentioned and plan on buying two more machines 'tomarrow' so have a right to my opinion also and thought it would be a good time to express it. Zeb should have got better service i agree.. If i owned the dealership i would have gladly set down with him and listened to a service complaint before allowing him to feel the need to vent outside somewhere.

how can anything about hunting or atv,s be distasteful. come on now!! im a real Alaskan!
    I agree with you 100% on not mentioning names part guy; I was referring to the "bringing it here is distasteful when I am new to the forum and don't like to see such complaints" part of your original post. On an internet forum we're all gonna have threads or posts that rub us the wrong way - that's the nature of the beast. I felt that the "don't post things like that here, because I'm new to the forum and find it distasteful" part of your post was a little over the top. That would be like ME coming to YOUR favorite rifle range, setting up next to you, and asking you "Can you not shoot that .338 with muzzle brake here, it's hard on my ears and I don't enjoy it."

I know the names were included in the original post - but I think mentioning poor service on this forum, WITHOUT using names, is a valuable means to share information - if someone wants the name of the business, they can PM the original poster to get those details.

I'm glad your experience with this particular business was better; but as you can see from the threaad, others have also experienced poor service there. Can't hurt to give a heads up to others so they're aware ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    This is just another example of why this forum needs to have a section for members only where names can be use and details of bad service
    hey T - you can accomplish that now, by PMing someone who posts a thread about poor service without mentioning the business name. Accomplishes the same thing, without getting the site owners in trouble!

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Just dont do it

Regarding the posting of business names and posting negative comments on open forums………..

Slander and defamation are a couple of words that you should familiarize yourself with. If an owner of a business, or an individual can prove in a court of law (read, convince a judge), that negative comments posted on a public forum caused them damage in the form of lost revenue, then you as an individual (who can be identified thru the web site records with a subpoena) can be found liable for that offense and forced to pay damages. Perhaps you missed the ADN report about the woman who got sued because she posted negative feedback on E-bay after a transaction went south. She ended up settling out of court for several thousand dollars.

Use some discretion with your posts. This is a public forum, and once its out there for all to see, there is no getting it back.

I too have had some really crappy service, and would like nothing more than to drag those folks over the coals for all the world to see, but it just aint worth the risk.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

If new guys to the forum find this thread "distasteful"....wait until they read a few of DWS's stuff...LOL...he calls it likes he sees um ...I agree with the guy that says we need a forum to report bad experiences and poor customer service, as well as good...this way you can take from the posts what you want...and if the dealers know poor customer service will reach a bigger forum then just "word of mouth" it might keep them honest. Name the dealers not the employees...

Slander and defamation are a couple of words that you should familiarize yourself with. If an owner of a business, or an individual can prove in a court of law (read, convince a judge), that negative comments posted on a public forum caused them damage in the form of lost revenuethose folks over the coals for all the world to see, but it just aint worth the risk.
    I'm no Lawyer but if this was true how do they get away with restraunt and hotel reviews? Thousands of sites are available that grade these commercial businesses on just these issues...read the ADN on restraunt reviews I'm sure those impact a business both positively and negatively....

Quote Originally Posted by pitstaff View Post
    I'm no Lawyer but if this was true how do they get away with restraunt and hotel reviews? Thousands of sites are available that grade these commercial businesses on just these issues...read the ADN on restraunt reviews I'm sure those impact a business both positively and negatively....
    It's called business.

If you would, pm the name of the dealer, but I think I know who it is!

I didn't see the rules against posting the names of businesses. I apologize for breaking the forum rules.

To add to the story, I emailed 3 people at the dealership in question and explained my situation without a single response in over a week. Not even a ten word generic apology...

I'm also going to call the company's corporate's customer service line, but I've been short on free time lately.

I am thinking when 338muzzlbreak went to work after reading your post he told everyone in the shop before your e-mail went out.(HA) JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Regarding the posting of business names and posting negative comments on open forums………..

Slander and defamation are a couple of words that you should familiarize yourself with. If an owner of a business, or an individual can prove in a court of law (read, convince a judge), that FALSE negative comments posted on a public forum caused them damage in the form of lost revenue, then you as an individual (who can be identified thru the web site records with a subpoena) can be found liable for that offense and forced to pay damages. Perhaps you missed the ADN report about the woman who got sued because she posted negative feedback on E-bay after a transaction went south. She ended up settling out of court for several thousand dollars.

Use some discretion with your posts. This is a public forum, and once its out there for all to see, there is no getting it back.

I too have had some really crappy service, and would like nothing more than to drag those folks over the coals for all the world to see, but it just aint worth the risk.
    There, I fixed it for ya. If it's true, it can't be slander, defamation, or libel.

The situation here is that this forum has taken the tack that they don't care if it's true or not; the best way to prevent such suits is to prohibit all negative feedback. I don't necessarily agree, but I do respect their position, and their policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you can’t tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast