Thread: looking for a TMA sheep pilot

Default looking for a TMA sheep pilot

looking for a pilot to drop me and partner off in TMA sheep country. anybody out there dont want to waste this tag any ideas?

Default 40-mile

I would call 40-mile and last years cost was $900 each. I would fly out on the 10th with a 21st pickup. Bring a sat phone and once you are done shooting your sheep you can call for an early pickup. I would try and talk with one of the 206 pilot and see if they have an idea on where you can get dropped off.

I understand the West fork is a great late hunt. I wish I would have done a late hunt last year on my TMA hunt. Next time! Best of luck

Troy

Default TMA air service...

You can also call Golden Eagle Outfitters, it is an air taxi sewrvice, out of Delta Junction. Mike Cummings has always been reasonable with me.

And as a last resort. call M&M, also out of D.J.

Dennis B.
    Alaska True Adventure Guide Service

Sounds like the tag wasnt planned out very well. Good luck on finding a charter this late, but 40 mile or Jim at Golden Eagle are both good choices. Will run you about $750-$950 a person depending on where you go. I flew out with Golden Eagle last year. I didnt have any issues with his flying.

Default M&M

Why would they be a last resort? Has something changed in the last couple years, they treated me pretty well in 2003.

Default Air Taxi services

Teri...Just my thoughts. All the air taxi services, generally treat us all fine. For northern TMA and DCUA I have great service recently from JIM Cummings and Golden Eagle, and fine service from M&M, years ago.

For southern TMA check with 40 Mile.

This late in the game, check all three. Call them in whatever order you want. All of them have super safety records. Any of them will smile at you and accept your dollars, land you pick you up.

Later...got clients here for a Caribou-Grizz hunt...got to go now...bye

Dennis
    AK TAGS