Thread: grumman 19 square hull ID # location

Default grumman 19 square hull ID # location

You guys have been a big help on the 19 square project so heres another one for you. I tried to register with my state and the Hull ID came back as incorrect. I thought it was on the little oval plate,WRONG says the DNR. Where would it be . The previous reg says 1978 year of manf. I bought it in MI and it was registered there and thats the hull ID that it shows on the previous registration. Michigan accepts it why not Illinois? bob

somebody? anybody ?

Default Make a new one

If you can't find the number, you can have the state give you a new numer and plate that can be stamped or attached to the boat.
    I had an old aluminum boat years ago that I had the same problem and so I actually brought the boat to the DMV and we inspected it there,
    Then It seemed like I had to fill out some paper work similar to a lost title and they issued me a number...
    I bet someone here knows the secret location of the numbers though.
    I have found Numbers sometimes stamped just under the Gunwhale on the side of canoes before. almost hidden by the gunwhale itself.
    I would imagine though that these canoes would have the number in the same place on all of them several years running.
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Default Did the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacanoe View Post
    If you can't find the number, you can have the state give you a new numer and plate that can be stamped or attached to the boat.
    I had an old aluminum boat years ago that I had the same problem and so I actually brought the boat to the DMV and we inspected it there,
    Then It seemed like I had to fill out some paper work similar to a lost title and they issued me a number...
    I bet someone here knows the secret location of the numbers though.
    I have found Numbers sometimes stamped just under the Gunwhale on the side of canoes before. almost hidden by the gunwhale itself.
    I would imagine though that these canoes would have the number in the same place on all of them several years running.
    Max
    I bought a very used Bayrunner skiff some years ago that had a really messed up transom. There was no number to be found (and it still had CA license #s on the bow). After I built a new aluminum transom, I went to the DMV and explained the situation to them and they created a new number. I just had to emboss the new #s into the transom with a punch and small cold chisel.