I just received my Sports Afield magazine yesterday and over my morning caffeine today I was perusing through and found an ad from Hornady concerning the new and up and coming Ruger 300 and 338 RCM cartridges for which Hornady is loading ammunition. Here are the claims.
* Optimized case geometry delivers more velocity with 10-15% less powder.
* Longer barrel life.
* Less recoil, muzzle blast & flash.
* Superior temperature stability from -15F to +140F.
* A compact package that doesn't compromise performance.
* 300 RCm 180 grain SST 2900 fps.
* 338 RCM 225 grain SST 2710 fps.
They don't state the barrel length of these velocities but the rifles are only made in 20" barrels.
Have we not seen these claims before? What is different this time?