Thread: Birds on the move

Default Birds on the move

well today i've seen a few good size flocks flying over greely today from the cab of my crane heading south bound. been seeing and hearing more and more as the days go on here, it's only a matter of time now 10 more days til game time.

Mike,

Did you notice that the first arrivals have left?......I'm sure there will be more along soon but I was amazed to not be able to see a single goose or crane last night......

Vern

Scouted today in Delta went to the fields saw a few geese and cranes but nothing really flying yet !!!!

Default pretty dead now

yeah it seems as if the first bunch showed up early and the little there was but now it's been pretty queit as far as hearing and seeing. a few weeks ago i was seeing them along the tanana loop road and clearwater area, i'll be heading out to my dads farm this weekend which C&S charters on and being that the grain is behind i'm sure it'll be quiet out there as well opening day.

mike

Default Seeing abunch around fairbanks

I am headed down to delta on opening day dont know how that will be. But I am sitting here with the windows open watching and listening to the flocks flying over. I just hope thats how it will be opening day.

past two days Ive seen flocks of Cranes flying over my place here in North Pole headed your way.All I want is one.then maybe another and another

I havent seen any Geese headed that way yet tho.

Was up on the slope last week hunting bou and back on the Kuparak Ice field we were flown into there was hundreds of geese. Can and Specks.