Thread: trail to south bald mountain

Default trail to south bald mountain

I am looking for the best trail into the south bald mountain area which is by Montana creek. I am looking for an all season access. I have tried lorien's trail and I think its called the Munson trail off Yodder road. both are pretty tough go. Any help would be great

There isn't one. Loren's Trail off of Mastadon Road and the Yoder Trail are all that exist. If you bought a lot in the Bald Mtn. subdivision you are pretty much on your own if it's not on a currently built road. There is no good way to cross the south fork of Montana Creek without a ton of ATV experience, a winch and a cable.

Default tried loriens trail

I did buy a lot in siouth bald mtn, which is between north and the middle fork of the montana.I haven't found a good way in there yet and I know there has to be away in there, I flew over it and there cabins already in there so there has to be way in there, when I flew it there was someone at there cabin and it was in the summer how is the trail of yodder I took it quite a few years ago and it was ok not the best thanks for the help

If your lot is between the north and middle fork you would access it from the multiple trails that branch off of Loren's trail on Mastadon Road. Most likely all the materials for the cabins were hauled in the winter. Snow levels that last 5 years have made freighting tough in these locations.

Default troed lorenstrail

I have spent quite a bit of time on loren's trail but crossing the north fork from there on a wheelie looked a little sporting.One time I was using my gps and I got fairly close I think I was on noel wein or hobby horse I think the sub division is called moose meadows. It would be a short run from there if a guy could cross the north fork, In the winter a guy can run all over that place and there is some really cool riding in the foot hills of the talketna's. Hauling cabin suppies in the winter is the only way to go. I was hoping to be able to access all year. With as many lots that were sold and that fast the trail going into there is going to get popular I hope it isn't to popular, I bought this because it was remote thanks again

Thanks for reminding me. If you go to the very northeast corner of the Moose Meadows subdivision there is a trail heading east into the swamp that is on a section line. I've only traveled it in winter, but it may now be a summer trail also. It'd be really wet, but you might get close by going in that way.

Thumbs up i'll give it a try

Hey thanks for the info I might try and get up that way after moose season is over. right now I am in the middle of getting all the camp stuff together, heading out for a ten day hunt can't wait. There wil be some serious goofing off and some hard hunting also. take care

Default trail to south bald mountain subdivision

I stumbled across your thread while googling the south bald mountain homeowners assoc.
    My son and I both own lots in the subdivision. We have made two trips up there by 4 wheeler. We took the intertie from the south end, crossed the north fork and proceeded up the trail. There is a huge swamp if you try to come in from the north and cross the north fork at the higher elevation. A friend of ours has a cabin in Bald Mountain and said it too deep for a atv from the north end. It took us 6 hours to get to our property and we are in the first two lots in section 28. On the bright side it only took 4 hours to come down. haha There are lots of swamps to cross. We got our coordinates for the corners from dnr and marked one set of corners last year. Very few people go up there from what we can tell. Your atv will float across the north fork. We had a rope and one went to the shore and the driver got on the downhill side and ran it/walked across. There are big rocks in the river. It is always a great adventure. haha I would not recommend making the trip by yourself. Seriously it is enough of an adventure for two or more. You get stuck in one of the swamps and you will not be happy. We had a foreman breakdown and I walked out, with my son on his 300ex ,which had no business up there in the first place.... it was quite the adventure.