Thread: Hunting,flooding

Default Hunting,flooding

With all the rain going on and rivers and creeks swelling has anyone changed their plans for a float hunt or are you still going to do it and ride it out ???

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Default More water

More water means less dragging and faster water. I get to where I want to hunt faster. Is it hunting season yet? The last two weeks of August are the longest weeks of my life.

Default Things can and do change very quickly

Guys, I'm up here in the eastern interior just north of the Yukon. Never seen so much high water so long as this summer. But in the last four days we've had 20 degrees every night and the river has dropped dramatically. It is just getting to the "low" phase now and there is two more weeks before the beginning of moose hunting season here. If we don't get more rains, and it stays cooler than normal, we will be right back to what's normal during hunting season, which is very low water here. Which would be a bummer as I was looking fwd to some higher water than normal this fall. Anyway, just wanted to point out that in terms of the rivers (not the ground, which is still saturated much more than normal), they go up fast and they can drop relatively fast too. Too early now to tell. Also for any fly-in float hunters, all the high water this summer deposited drift and debris on just about every gravel bar, so it may be harder to find bars to land on.
    Good hunting,

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Also for any fly-in float hunters, all the high water this summer deposited drift and debris on just about every gravel bar, so it may be harder to find bars to land on.
    A lot of strips were "changed" this year due to the flooding. Big problem in 20A.