Thread: Sunshine Silvers

Default Sunshine Silvers

well stopped by yesturday at around 12pm fished till 5 pm saw lots of fish thousands of fish in the creek or just in the dirty water. fish every where caught 3 legally and a few more that got released but was fun got my daught her first silver and my boy (5 and 3 for ages) what a blast got my wife her first salmon in alaska to but was fouled so let it go. we ended up bringing 3 home fun day fishing. o and alot of the fish are still silver goin to try and post some pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images

sunshine is a nice little spot, how was the crowds. Nice pictures

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Fishing is fun, but having the young'uns along makes it priceless.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default crowds

crowds well not really maybe 10 people on the whole creek from the dirty water up into the creek its self. what was crowded was the creek with fish. WOW WAS THERE A LOT OF FISH. the kids had a blast i got a video fo the boy fighting his fish makes me smile every time i watch it lissening to him laugh PRICELESS. have a good day.

matt

Default Sweet!

Nice report, good on your and your family. Sunshine Creek is a great place for silvers in August.
    TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Can't wait 'til my grandson is old enough to hold a fishing pole So, what were you using to catch the silvers? Pixes, vibrax, fly? Wouldn't mind heading up there sometime this week.

Default bait

we were fishing bait in the dirty water there were a ton of fish in the clear water but nothing biting a few guys with fly rods were getting fish though good luck and keep us posted

I was throwing vibes yesterday in the clear water and they weren't bitting what I was pitching. I tried the dirty water as well. Some people down further on the clear water side were doing well. They had vibes, but they were the only ones that walked out with 6-8 dime bright silvers..

Default Sunshine Creek

I've never fished it. How big is the creek? Can I wade across it? How wide? Is it boat accessible? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Nice report, good on your and your family. Sunshine Creek is a great place for silvers in August.
    TSS
    Just had to give a nod to an Ace Frehley fan....nice sig.

Quote Originally Posted by nategr View Post
    I was throwing vibes yesterday in the clear water and they weren't bitting what I was pitching. I tried the dirty water as well. Some people down further on the clear water side were doing well. They had vibes, but they were the only ones that walked out with 6-8 dime bright silvers..
    In-line spinners have always out fished bait from what I have experienced at Sunshine. Try slowing your retrieve down and try and keep it on the bottom. I like #5 mepps or #6 Vibrax (I like the bigger spinnners) casting them right along the grass line and bring them back low and slow. Also have had good sucess casting into the silt line and rolling them into the clear water.

view of the silt line and clear water confluence

view of grass line and distance the silt line. notice the large inline spinner.

TSS
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Default Sweet!!

Those are a couple of nice silvers taken from a popular spot BUT what I really like is the fact that you have the confidence to fish for silvers, from the bank, in SANDALS WITH YOUR SOCKS ON and there is not one speck of silt on your sock!! You TRULY are the JediMasterSalmonSlayer!! All bow down to the Master .

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    In-line spinners have always out fished bait from what I have experienced at Sunshine. Try slowing your retrieve down and try and keep it on the bottom. I like #5 mepps or #6 Vibrax (I like the bigger spinnners) casting them right along the grass line and bring them back low and slow. Also have had good sucess casting into the silt line and rolling them into the clear water.

view of the silt line and clear water confluence

view of grass line and distance the silt line. notice the large inline spinner.

TSS

Thanks Jedi,

I was using a #5 vibe.. That area you were at was were most the people were at. I went down aways to get away from the people. I had a few chase my vibe, but no takers. I will have to remember that next year.. LOW and SLOW...

Once again thanks for the tip.

Nate

Was up there last night from 4-8pm... One older couple said they'd been there for 6 hours and was getting ready to leave and one bit. The only other fish I saw caught were three from a guy using flies way up the clear water slough.

All were blush though - saw close to hunert fish in the clear water, but maybe 2 bright ones. None took was I was offering though.

Is there a second later run to Sunshine??

The highbush cranberries were looking good however!

Red face Well Actually

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Those are a couple of nice silvers taken from a popular spot BUT what I really like is the fact that you have the confidence to fish for silvers, from the bank, in SANDALS WITH YOUR SOCKS ON and there is not one speck of silt on your sock!! You TRULY are the JediMasterSalmonSlayer!! All bow down to the Master .
    Truth be told, Jedi wiped his socks and sandals off just prior to the picture. He carries a Kiss Army hanky in his back pocket for such picture opportunities. They also work great for cleaning off fish slime and waving at Paul Stanley from the front row of a show....