Thread: For all (TASF)

Default For all (TASF)

As a 1SG here on Rich. I want to thank all you for what you are doing. I have already received one email (Thanks Chuck) in regards to taking Soldiers fishing. I spoke with Bill (MWR BOSS Advisor with contacts) and seems RMILLER(thanks Ron) is the only one he has dealt with. I have taken this upon myself to assist Bill in getting more Soldiers out there on the water. I have numerous contacts through the BOSS program here on Rich and have immediate access to over 700 in my BN alone. With the help of Bill, we have access to over 3k. If any of you are looking to take some of these great Paratroopers, just let me know. I can round up more than you can handle. Trust me on that...I think the problem with the forum and getting Soldiers to go is the communication link with the outside community and the BOSS program. Hopefully I can alleviate this and help by bringing you guys closer to them. I understand hunting season is approaching us and is underway in many areas, but there are a few of us that are still playing tug-a-war with the fact of catching more before it ends. If you can help or want to get a Soldier out there for a last minute HOORAH! Then hook them up!

Send me a PM on how many seats you got, dates, time to report and phone number. I will call you with names and link the soldiers up with you so you can arrange any details that need to be covered.

If you are a license fishing guide or charter, then we need to bring one more guy into the loop and this is not an issue.
    WTU is another story. My fishing partner as well as Bill provide a direct link to the WTU unit. The 1SG over there is a close friend of mine as well. All it takes is a phone call from me and we can set this up for anyone. I will let you know that there are some Soldiers over there that are at 99.9% willing and able, along with many who have limitations but the right attitude to do what needs to be done. Prior coordination can be done to accommodate these Soldiers and their limitations.

Continue doing what all of you are doing. We appreciate the support....You just donít see this kind of support these days...seems everyone would love to forget we still have Soldiers deploying in support of the fight.

Duckhunter

Would you please tell us about the BOSS and WTU programs. I and probably many others are not familiar with these.

Thanks for offering to be the POC for us.

Default Boss Wtu

Better Opportunity for Single Soldiers Program

Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS) is a dynamic Department of the Army program that single Soldiers can participate in to enhance their Well Being, contribute to their community through Community Service activities, and assist in the planning and execution of their own Recreation and Leisure events.

Better yet, visit this website. It will give you all the informaition you can handle and answer any questions you might have. I will tell you it cators to each installation and their geographical location. BLUF. Great program that connects the single Soldiers with opportunities provided by the local community.

http://www.armymwr.com/portal/recreation/single/

Warrior Transition Unit.

Our Mission

USA MEDDAC-Alaska provides the highest quality medical care and maintains a deployable readiness posture at all times by utilizing Deployment Cycle Support (DCS) programs, individual readiness training, outcomes based clinical and administrative practices, and health promotion and wellness programs.

BLUF. This is a realitivly new concept for the Army. A unit that was designed and placed on most installations participating in the fight. All Soldiers wounded by any means(mentally/physically) and in need of complex medical care. They are placed in this Unit. This unit sees that they are transitioned properly to another medical facility, transitioned out of the Military (coordinated with VA) or temporarily treated and placed in another capacity within the Army where they can stay in and perform thier duties.

http://www.alaska.amedd.army.mil/

Hope that helps sum it up for ya.

Thanks

Duckhunter - I would like it if you went thru Ron (Rmiller) for any of your coordination. Keeping the program "separate" from the military is a goal because of the way the donations are handled. Ron is an official representative of the site www.takeasoldierfishing.com and has guidance to ensure that ALL boaters and businesses have all the proper safety equipment and the right frame of mind. He stepped forward where others did not to take on the huge challenge of Alaska and taking soldiers out. He just needs the support of others to make it an even better program. I know the fishing season is about to come to an end and hunting will be in full swing across the country. I think I exchanged a few emails with your XO (Jeff?)

If you would like to be an official Rep for the site let me know as I know you would not intentially put your soldiers in harms way. By being a Rep it will cover you, the soldiers that you gather to go fishing and the boaters as well. I can even guide you and Ron on setting up a fishing program similar to Ft. Hood. We currently have 10 fishing trips over 5 months and about to go on #6. Next year we have 18 trips lined up and be able to take 770 soldiers out and away from the barracks.

I also work in the Warrior Transition Brigade as the activities NCOIC for about 1500 soldiers. I designed the fishing program for the wounded soldiers. The reason I am trying to keep it separated is because if it becomes a "military" program then it will be governed to death as to what can happen and cannot happen. Then it becomes no fun for the soldiers. Let me know what your ideas are. Remember I am a soldier too and I make no money from this site or its programs. It is just a different way for the public to say thank you and show support.

takeasoldierfishing.com
    Combat Warrior Crisis Network

TAKEASOLDIERFISHING is a department of Combat Warrior Crisis Network an official Affiliate Subordinate Ministry legally operating under the group exemption of Chaplain Fellowship Ministries International Inc., a legally incorporated 501 (c) (3) Federal Tax Exempt Non-Profit Public Charity. In compliance with IRS rules and regulations we have posted the required documentation for public inspection. http://www.chaplain-ministries.com/501c3.html.

Mike Nashif
    President CWCN
    254-368-2174

Default Mike

I sent you a PM. Whatever we can do to help.

Thanks

DuckHunter, I might have to hit you up here in a week or two. Make one last trip of the year.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK