Thread: Dear Mr 20# Valdez Silver...

Default Dear Mr 20# Valdez Silver...

i am now giving you fair warning so i might commence fair chase to mount your @ss on my wall!!! you have 24 hours to find a good place to hide...
    have a nice day

When you catch him, be sure to check his I.D.... if he's flashing a purple hootchie on a white hot-spot flasher as his I.D., he's using a fake and it's not really Mr. 20# Valdez Silver... it's Mr. 20# Juneau Silver trying to hide from ME! He already got a glimpse of my plans (they involved a net, billy club and a red-hot BBQ grill!) and stole my gear to run and hide.

If you do happen to apprehend the above referenced fish, please immediately confiscate his I.D. and send it to me for verification and impound. Feel free to dispose of the fish in any manner you see fit... I'd just like to repo my gear for future use...

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

roger that, all illegal hardware and paraphanalia will be confiscated and returned to the rightful owner. the fish will be detained at derby headquarters for mug shots, booking and further bonking...

Default LOL

Thanks Guys I needed a smile! Funny Stuff!

A purple hootchie? I bet he's one of those special Y.M.C.A. singing, Village Silvers....

I.D. noted...I'll be there too, so it sounds like the posse is on....

Nah... purple/black hootchie on a white/pearl flasher is standard August coho gear where I come from.

If you're after the "limp wristed" variety of silver, you need one of the gold glittery hootchies attached to an orange/gold flasher... True story, I actually had a client refuse to grab the rod and reel in a 12# coho 2 seasons ago. When I asked him why he didn't want the fish, he replied, "'cause you put that gold sparkly bait on there and I don't want to eat no f*****oty fish!" Some people, eh?

-Case
    M/V CanCan - 34' SeaWolf - Bandon, OR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Talking memories!

Just thought I re-post this picture, one of my favorites of a big ole bruiser caught on the Italio River 3 years ago. Enjoy and good luck to all!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post
    Nah... purple/black hootchie on a white/pearl flasher is standard August coho gear where I come from.

If you're after the "limp wristed" variety of silver, you need one of the gold glittery hootchies attached to an orange/gold flasher... True story, I actually had a client refuse to grab the rod and reel in a 12# coho 2 seasons ago. When I asked him why he didn't want the fish, he replied, "'cause you put that gold sparkly bait on there and I don't want to eat no f*****oty fish!" Some people, eh?

-Case
    No that is bizarre that the client would not real that fish in. This is one funny thread though and put a big smile on my face
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by CanCanCase View Post

-Case
    lol....

I think that's one of those cases where you exercise your captain's prerogative and tell the client to reel the freakin' fish in or get off the boat....now. Especially with the new rules, cause YOU can't touch the rod, heaven forbid. See how good a swimmer he is .

Me, I've been known to jump in the water after fish that have attempted escape with my hardware, so I know how you feel about losing it to that no-good thieving fish. Some fish are just born crooked....

18 hours and counting...I'll be on the road to Valdez soon...

Default Just got off the phone

With a Mr. 20# Silver of Valdez Alaska and told him about this thread.
    He wanted me to let you know that Quote " I don't need 24 hours to hide!!! Bring it on girlie man I'll kick your @ss just like that amature Case in Juneau!!!"
    He also wanted Case to know that if you don't want to lose gear stay on shore!!!!! You're playing with the big boys now!!!!!!

im outta here in 12!, get movin little fishy!

I'm packed and ready for a long drive...leaving in about 10 hours. Checked the weather and gee, what a shock...rain likely pretty much every day. In Valdez? That can't be right...

Preed...you better hurry if you want to catch that fish before me ! I'm on a meat gathering run, but I wouldn't mind $15,000 for catching a big fish, either. That'd be rough. Plus the reward for returning Case's gear......

Screw it...I'm awake, car's packed...I'm leaving!

Good luck all!

Default Sorry Case, couldn't aprehend your fish

We tried...but he escaped.

Did limit both days, plus a couple on a proxy, so I brought home 14 fish for two days work. Most of them bigger then average...really fat, nice fish this year.

Good luck!

I'm afraid mr 20# won't get you the prize anymore. A 22# took the lead. What's funny now is a 18# won't even get you 3rd. I'll have to agree with other comments regarding numbers and size. Out again today, I did limit out myself but nobody else did, not even close unless they fished morning to night. I saw many bigger than average fish this year also. I caught one over 15# this afternoon, all other fish including other people's were between 5-12 with a lot around 9-10#

Quote Originally Posted by littles View Post
    A 22# took the lead.
    i know i know... boy was that like poppin a guys balloon! i cant even remember a time when we have come down here and the leader wasnt somewhere around 18 to be bumped up as we get closer to the last day. frick! twenty freakin two something pounds!!! give me a break man are you sure they didnt check in a king?!! holy crap!!!
    http://www.valdezfishderbies.com/pho...rek-Werder.jpg
    well 14.3 is where im at...but im lookin for ya buddy...ive got all week....im sittin here plannin my attack for the morning...no matter where your hiding..........
    i will find you!!!!

Default The one that got away!

Here is mine that got DQ'd for not having everyone in the boat with a ticket.

Good luck guys/gals and have fun!

Chris

aha! mr 20#er! im sorry it was dq'ed, nice fish. we havent broke 15#s...YET!

while in valdez a couple of weeks ago, we looked for mr 20# silver, but he was hiding that day! but we were very happy with our 9 fish, including my 14 year old son's first ever alaska salmon, a brigh and fiesty 12 pounder, not huge, but a monster to him! still havent wiped the smile off his face.