Thread: Best Kayak Fishing (Silvers)

Default Best Kayak Fishing (Silvers)

Looking for an area to plan a Kayak Trip for Silvers next year. Do they rent kayaks nearby? Thanks!!

I know that Larry conska fished the Nilnilchik river last year in single cataraft and they had a hey day with the silvers. The water is flat and slow so im sure you could do it in a kayak. Im sure the show will be repeated or you might try the web site north to alaska and see if you can get a copy of it.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Wndshr View Post
    Looking for an area to plan a Kayak Trip for Silvers next year. Do they rent kayaks nearby? Thanks!!

Nearby where?????

Quote Originally Posted by Wndshr View Post

Quote Originally Posted by skydiver View Post
    Nearby where?????

Good point. There is a place to rent kayaks here in Yellowknife, but there aren't a lot of silvers in the North West Territories!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    Good point. There is a place to rent kayaks here in Yellowknife, but there aren't a lot of silvers in the North West Territories!!!!

LOL!!! You are right. I guess once I get the recommendation for area or location, then the follow up should have been, "...do they rent kayaks nearby?"

Default REI I believe rents them

REI in Anchorage rented them years ago, I would assume they still do????????

Default Paddling Ninilchik

Was he fishing in August or September (Csonka)? Was he kayaking down the Ninilchik or paddling up? Is the Ninilchik slow enough that a guy could paddle upriver for several miles?