Thread: glacier/california creeks?

Default glacier/california creeks?

thinking of booking a room in Alyeska this weekend. Anything moving on those creeks, or should I hit Bird instead?

I have seen quite a few people fishing glacier but im not sure how well they are doing. Bird is an option as well as ingram creek just at the bottom of the hill as you head up turnagain pass. I had fun chasing the pinks there earlier this week and the crowds are next to none. There were more than enough pinks at ingram to keep a guy busy. There we a few older ones but I did catch quite a few fresh ones on the incoming tide
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Glacier Creek

I was driving back on the turnagain on the 16th, when a fisherman popped up along the highway overpass at Glacier creek with 2 very large silvers in tow. Make what you will of that spotting....

Also Portage Creek has a decent run of silvers.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

I fished Glacier ck saturday night and sunday morning. Nice place. Bird is a mess and not very rewarding. Pinks at Glacier are spent as are most of the chums. Some deep holes above the rail bridge have a few lively chums left. Coho came in groups on the incoming tides, chrome bright and decent sized. The water is cloudy so don't expect to see them. Bright flesh flies and yarn took a few as well as spinners. Very slow offtide.