Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Need Sheep / Griz Guide

  1. #1
    webmaster Michael Strahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Anchorage, Alaska

    Default Need Sheep / Griz Guide

    Okay folks,

    One more job opportunity here; A friend of mine needs a guide for one sheep / grizzly combo hunt. The dates are August 30-Sept. 9. I think an Assistant Guide would work for this hunt.

    Drop me a PM and let's talk! Time is short!

    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address:
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

  2. #2

    Default Sheep Guide

    Mike you mention an assistant guide would do. Question I have is; what are the regulation requirements as a guide in relationship to having a guide to hunt in Alaska. A non resident requires a guide. Con this be an assistant guide, does it have to be a master guide. Can a non resident hire his own assistant guide and thus meet the regulations?

  3. #3


    I believe contracted hunts have to be done through a registered guide. You don't need a master guide to go on a guided hunt, the term "Master Guide" is more of a status type deal.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts