Thread: Clear Creek

Default Clear Creek

I am thinking about heading to Clear Creek this weekend, anyone have any reports good or bad? Thanks.

Please post a report ASAP.

I am planning on goung Monday or Tuesday.

I was told you it would be best to Heli in.

Is this correct?

Seems expensive.

Default Fishing has been good...

Fishing has been really good, lots of fairly bright fish being caught, there are a lot of people up there....

It is currently raining and it rained all night as well, so expect the river to come up as well....

Default bait

Are most fish being caught at the mouth or holes upstream of the mouth?

Default you can boat in

jim77401Please post a report ASAP.

I am planning on goung Monday or Tuesday.

I was told you it would be best to Heli in.

Is this correct?

Seems expensive.

hey jim77401, Im the guy that sent you John's number for the float down the creek. If you want to try your hand at the mouth and or hiking distance upstream there are two outfits that will shuttle you up in a jet boat. Mahay's and Tri-river, both of which I'm sure you can find on the web or one of the locals on here can help us with names and numbers. I think both of these outfits charge the same and will shoot you up the talkeetna for as little or long as you like. Most folks seem to camp right there at the mouth and you can always hike upstream for some solitude. Just watch the regs as harvesting certain fish above the marker might get you a fine.
    sorry guys cant seem to paste the old post as it should be....I'll work on it