Thread: Petersville Update.....

Default Petersville Update.....

Went to Petersville over the weekend. Weather was good. A few rain showers on Saturday. What happened to the Mosquitos? Did not see any of the buggers.

Petersville road is ok for travel. We went approximately a mile past the canyon. The only area not easily accesble is behind the Forks RoadHouse. The bridge is being repaired. Might be fixed by the upcoming holiday weekend.

Went for a Saturday evening hunt. During the 40 minute rain storm, I had a moose, fork on one side, come within 15 feet of me. My scope was fogged up and my pistol was tucked nicely away in my sixwheeler gear box. Instead of taking a chance and placing an easy open, close range shot, I watched him. He spotted me and took off for Fairbanks.

I'll be out there again this Holiday weekend.

Default petersville

my boss went up on friday and went grouse hunting. He had never been there before and i gave him directions. He said that there was 4 feet of water on the road only a few miles past the roadhouse. Has the water gone down that much allready? He never made it to the canyon.
    I can't wait to get out and do some ptarmagan hunting after my caribou trip.
    Justin

Yes the water has gone down that much. The road has been repaired. There is new gravel on some stretches.

You see any bears?

Did not see any bears or any sign.