Thread: fly in help

Question fly in help

I asked some of you back in June to help me with locating a fly in out of Happy Valley. I seem to have lost the ph#s y'all gave me. So I'll write it back out there again.

Who is a good outfitter that can drop us in with just a basic cabin to keep dry and have a good hunt most of all?

Thanks

Hopefully you are talking about next fall, I am heading up there tomorrow will let you know how it goes with the outfit I have hired...

Default Deltana

The best outfit up there is Deltana outfitters..... There are two others that I know about but they are fly by night and unsafe (PM me for details). nobody has anything like cabins up there to drop you in.... if you go fully guided you'll be in a wall tent type base camp.... other than that you'll have to go in "sheep light".

http://www.deltana.com/hunting/about_us.htm

good luck next year.

Greg

Default cabin style

One person up there, bob croft(i think thats his name) from Montana of ultimate arctic adventures on the ivashack that currently leases Larry Rivers old place. Kind of sore spot to me since this is the only state land that is permitted to keep permanent structures on it. This is one the of the guys that are hitting the Ivashack very hard. Don't know how to contact them.

The second place is Kavik camp, either place will cost alot of coin.

Last I checked ralph was not doing drop off hunts anymore, due to transport and FAA laws and permits.

Beautiful country, a couple buddys and I might head up that way in Sept.

Terry

Thanks...... Na.. I was thinnking about riding my bike up there this weekend from Texas and hunting...haha

A little Texas Sarcasium.... Thanks again... Good luck

I think the one somebody mentioned was ?? American Bush Piolit?? I'm trying to get my dad a hunt up there. He is 72 and can out walk most people 35 of age. We love to elk hunt so walking isn't a problem.

Thanks again guys...

Alaska bush sports is having issues right now and isnt flying anyone out from what I was told. Deltana is a good choice also. I think the other is husky air? Coyote air flys out of coldfoot which might also work. good luck

F-16 he said he was trying to find a cabin, and I think husky dan is still flying out of Kavik.

Terry

Default Planes

Dan is flying out of Happy Valley to Kavik every day.
    One transporter for Katovick has prostrate cancer and is not flying.
    Dan ?? lost his plane and is chartering Alaska Air's planes.
    One other guide had his plane washed in the Salcha flood by the river and he is not flying.
    One other transporter flipped his plane last Fri. or Sat. and bent a couple of struts.

Planes are in short supply.

Weather is bad too. Fog rolls in about 5-6 every night and stays till 9-10 in the morning. We waited three days to get out of Kavik and spent four days in the tent sleeping trying to get back.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    F-16 he said he was trying to find a cabin, and I think husky dan is still flying out of Kavik.

Terry
    Rog, I wasnt sure who has or doesnt have cabins. Just thought I would throw out who I know operates outta there. A friend was supposed to fly out with ABS but was put with Husky after ABS's issues.

Thanks for all the help guys for the names of polits. What about phone numbers? Do ya'll have any of those. Perferably ones with cabins or I can find that part put.