Thread: powder charge for pietta 44 army 1860

Default powder charge for pietta 44 army 1860

Help anyone, I have been trying to find out what charge to use for the pietta 44 1860 army. I have a new unfired 1860 that I bought from a friend, I am not new to weapons just this kind.
    any suggestions on ball size also?
    I appreciate any help or reference, I have always wanted either the 36 navy ,dragoon model one or two and the army 1860.
    My Sigs and HI Power etc are great but, I love the feel of this piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by swedeshooter View Post
    Help anyone, I have been trying to find out what charge to use for the pietta 44 1860 army. I have a new unfired 1860 that I bought from a friend, I am not new to weapons just this kind.
    any suggestions on ball size also?
    I appreciate any help or reference, I have always wanted either the 36 navy ,dragoon model one or two and the army 1860.
    My Sigs and HI Power etc are great but, I love the feel of this piece of art.
    I don't have any experience with one, but did a quick google search and found this source of info. That's all user info rather than from the factory, but it jives pretty well with my experience using other makes and models of 44s.

Default powder charge for pietta

thanks a bunch brown bear, could not believe one post where the guy actually carries one with 40 grains for protection while hiking,

Quote Originally Posted by swedeshooter View Post
    thanks a bunch brown bear, could not believe one post where the guy actually carries one with 40 grains for protection while hiking,
    I got a yuk out of that too!!!!!