Thread: Grouse Recepies...

Default Grouse Recepies...

Come on ya'll Im trying new ways of cooking them,so share some ideas or whatever.

These are the Grouse we got yesterday cooking on the Foreman Grill 1st time ever,so we'll see how that turns out.

The Ingredients..
    And as they are cooking...

drool...droool!....My fav for doing grouse... breasts, carmalize onions, sour cream. Brown the breasts, put the onions and sour cream on them and let them stew for a couple hours!! Blow ya away!...desertdog

Default dude......

mmmmmmm that sounds good also.What is Carmelized Onions?

Talking carmalized onion..

fry in butter till golden brown...remember to keep some for the grouse!.....desertdog

Default Grouse and Dumplings

A simple and favorite recipe is taking a "Chicken and dumplings recipe" and substituting the chicken with grouse..great on cool fall days.

A great simple, and quick, recipe is actually on the Bisquick box..our family uses it every year and the kids never leave a drop.

Dog.....That sounds gooooooood! I need to get out tomorrow after I drop the boys off at school!.I'll give your way a try nest time mmm mmmmmm

That does look good! I'm going to have to give that a try.

Default bbq sauce

try a company called Charlie Beige's from Windham Maine. They make an apple flavored barbecue sauce. It's the best stuff going for any wild game. I've never had better grouse. I put the breasts in foil with alot of the sauce and slow cook on the grill. Good stuff.
    Never give a gun to a duck...

The Alaskan Pantry forum has some good recipes for grouse if you do a search there.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

not much of a cook , basically only when out hunting or fishing and that is usually dinty moore meals, and firm beleiver in K.I.S.S. principal.
    so i just cut meat in bite size pieces and put in zip lock bag with powdered teriyaki (sp) seasoning and little water and marinate all day then stir fry. PDG with alittle rice.
    rabbits , grouse, ptarmigan and ducks good that way
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default grouse

filet the grouse in half. cream cheese or sourcream stuffed with jalapenos wrap with Bacon use tooth picks to keep em together. Grill on Med until done.

mmmmmm ya'll are making me hungry again.We've been trying out some great ideas rom here.Daniel

Smile Grouse

Here is one I use for the Spruce Grouse.

Take the Brest and cut it in half so you have two thin piecse of of breast meet. Soak them in teriyaki sauce for about three hours. Cut some jalapenos in strips and cut some of you favoriate cheese the same size. Take some bacon lay it down place the breast on the bacon and place the cheese and pepper on the breast and roll it up and pin it with tooth pick. Grill on the grill til done and enjoy.

http://www.recipezaar.com/129598 sesame chicken

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/poul...generaltso.htm
    General Tso's chicken

I know they are general recipes but when my son and I get a mess of birds this is what my daughter wants. I like to use these for spruce hens and ptarmigan because it knocks out some of the stronger flavor and my daughter likes them then. Also have tried the caramelized onions, mushrooms, sour cream and a little cooking sherry. Brown em' up and put the sauce over them. It's good.

I just made some spruce chicken fajitas and they were good. I marinated the strips in chipolte pepper marinade (packet) for a couple hours and then poured the marined and meat in a pan and cooked it up, turned out pretty good with beans, mexican rice, cheese, sour cream.

Hoose we did that a couple weeks ago........man aint they good that way.We used some Ruff grouse tho for out Fajitas and I had soaked them in some marinade over night, over all about 20 hours on the marinading.And we poked some holes in the meat so it would soak in better also.Daniel