Thread: Smokin Deal on Wool Pants

Default Smokin Deal on Wool Pants

Army/Navy store downtown Anchorage has a great deal on Army surplus dress wool pants. 4 bucks a pair! Hard to beat that!

Are those the green wool/polyester blend with the permanent creases? I have used those for years off and on and they make great hunting pants.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Yes.

I agree they are great for hunting or really anything outdoor Alaska. Slip on some light weight long johns underneath to cut down on the scratchyness and you're good to go.

I love getting good deals like this!

What's their durability like and how well do they dry out once wet? I've worn those things for my uniform for 17 years now and the thought of wearing them in the field just about makes me sick.
    Loving God, Loving People, Loving America--Serving All Three

I have worn wool pants for cold weather hunting for years. It still insulates when wet to a degree when most fabrics wont. I love wool!

Default Only XL and XXL sizes left

I looked a few days ago and could only find XL and XXL sizes left on the rack. Too bad cause I thought the same thing, for $4 I was willing to give them a try. Maybe check back in a couple weeks and perhaps they'll have a new supply.

That's usually the case when I go to buy something... Tons of XXL, XXXL and so forth. I didn't think the Army had soldiers in size XXXL!

I would suggest you try on each pair you buy and not go by the size written on the tag. The pants have some type of miltary sizing system (letters and numbers) that has been decifered and then traslated into standard sizing (ex 32 x 32) by someone at the Army/Navy store. However, all of the ones I purchased are different sizes despite the fact that some of them are labled the same.

Default wool pants

well if someone finds them again let me know looking for 38's