Thread: Pontoon Rental in Cooper Landing

Default Pontoon Rental in Cooper Landing

I think I remember seeing an outfit in Cooper Landing that rented one man pontoons. Does any one know who it is?????
    If not is there anyone in Anchorage that rents them?
    I know Bluemoose in Fairbanks does but it's a little out of te way.
    I have 2 pontoons but am meeting up with 2 friends in the third week of September and need a third.
    Alternatively, is there any one who will rent me theirs for a week, you won't need it cause you'll be busy huntin'.

alaska raft and kayak in anchorage rent cats. Im not sure in cooper landing though. you might want to give the folks at troutfitters or wildmans a call and ask. Im heading down labor day weekend and can take a look around and see if there is anyone renting there if you have no info by then
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Thanks Chuck.
    I plan on calling Billy at TF, I just have to wait for him to get off the river.
    Alaska raft doesn't rent one man 'toons, only the bigger ones.

PS don't forget to hightail it back to Anchor Town on Monday the 1st.

The other thing is renting them V.S. buying them. I have no idea what they rent for but you can pick up the basic ones not top end of course in some of the stores around here for about 300 bucks. I have no idea what make or anything i have just seen them around. I'm guessing if Billy does not know if any one rents down there no one will. I swear i did see a sign this year about someone renting down there. Let us know what you find out

Default sure they do

I rented 1 man 'toons from AK raft and cayak a few weeks ago...there is another playa in town also - that rents a different style of 1 man boat Alaska Downstream Rentals...

google them up........

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I rented 1 man 'toons from AK raft and cayak a few weeks ago...there is another playa in town also - that rents a different style of 1 man boat Alaska Downstream Rentals...

google them up........
    Thanks!!!!
    AK raft don't seem to have the one man's on their site. What was the rental cost????

here is the link to the downstream rental company

http://www.alaskadownstream.com/rates.html

give me a minute and Ill call alaska raft and kayak and check the rates for you

Default sevinty fie

buk fitty fer two fer a day

75$/day...at Alaska raft and kayak

35$ per day at the other for the other type - I was looking at buying the other type of raft - but boy are they costly...........

If you make a reservation at alaska raft and kayak they might not give you back your deposit unless you cancel outside of 30 days. Their rules are on their website, but I reserved 4 days in advance and then plans got changed within an hour - so I called back. They gave me credit to a future rental within 1 year - but would not give me my money back or put it towards a purchase (stated that they are different departments). I am okay with that - but I got different rules from the two different employees that I spoke with. The last fella also gave me a run around about the boats already being put on a truck to ship (I was picking them up). I want to rent a bigger cat next summer anyway so all is good - but I won't be using them again.

Thumbs up Hey Dave

I sent you a pm but i just spoke with ak raft and kayak. 1 man rentals run 75 bucks a day. thier number is 907-561-7238 So give them a shout and let me know if it works out for you

Default Here's

the link to the watermaster.....seems like a great idea - light, compact, holds more weight.......

Any input from the floating Gods ????????????

http://www.bigskyinflatables.com/The_Water_Master.html

you can git the Kodiak bare bones and upgraded oars for about 1500 smackers
    throw in some of the options and a guy will be approaching the cost of a Aire with a frame - as loaded with all the goodies the options are another 500 or so.

I better not rent one - I might like them too much and have to buy a couple