Thread: ATV security

Question ATV security

Wife and I are headed out this weekend for a full week of sheep hunting and plan on using our wheelers to get part of the way in, will hike the rest of the way. I am a little worried about leaving our wheelers for that long, i do plan on chaining them together but I'm afraid some stuff could get stolen, like our batteries, or other add on stuff we put on them. Anybody ever have any issues with leaving your wheeler for an extended amount of time?

I never ever had a problem. But if you are worried why not just remove the batteries and hide then a short distance from the atv's?

Remember, ATV's in the woods this time of year usually means there are hunters around. Hunters=guns. Only a very foolish person would mess with them this time of year. You never know who may be watching you! Anyway, that's just my thought but I have never had a problem.

AK, where you guys are going I have never had a problem with stuff disappearing. I've left gas cans (full), coolers full of beverages with no problems. Heck, my dog escaped and someone kept him at his motorhome till we got back then it got returned to us. For the most part I wouldnt worry about it.

Joel

Default Bears

The only problem I think you might have is, bears like to eat 4-wheeler seat.

Talking Alaska's Untold Secret...SHHHHHH

John, if you had an argo you could cross ragging rivers, lakes the size of Lake Superior, traverse cravass ridden glaciers, and climb the summits of the massive Mt. McKinley. Heck, why drive to Point Mckenzie when you could launch your argo at Ship Creek and cross the arm, I even hear pakrat's float. With this secret power you would have no need to worry about your equipment, you'd be alone in the vast unknown.

If you are worried about it get a camouflage cover and hide them in the bushes. I had a heck of a time finding one last year after a guy told me right where to look. It is a big wilderness out there and finding a hidden wheeler is like trying to find that 60" bull..

I've never had a problem either with leaving my wheelers for extended amounts of time. Most of the time where you end up leaving them is at trail ends where only the serious of adventures end up. Usually they too are on a mission and not intent on molesting ohter peoples property.

I did pass by a camo covered wheeler last year on the bird creek trail. You would have had to be within 20 yards to know what you were looking at.

I'm getting an electric fence for my next trip just to keep the bears off of it. Dragging an overloaded (hopefully) pack back to your wheeler only to find your wheeler diabled by critters would be heart breaking.

BR

Well I rode out to the end of the trail the other day and I don't see why anyone but a sheep or bear hunter would ride that far so I am not going to worry about it to much. I'll lock them together and that should do the trick, now if I can keep the bears from eating the seats i'll be real happy! Maybe cover them with some ground up mothballs or something.

Default 4 Wheelers

I put moth balls around wheeler to keep bears away.

I've heard moth balls don't really do the trick. NOt for brownies anways. I got the fi-shock fence ($50) I'm going to try. Seems simple enough. 2 D cell batteries and string some wire. Now I just have to ressist the urge to personally test it myself.

BR

Default Testing

Better to have a friend test for you!