Thread: Savage in .17HMR

Default Savage in .17HMR

I will be buying a .17HMR

I was looking at the bare bones savage with the blued bull barrel. I hear these are sub MOA guns which would be killer for a rifle costing 260.

I dont want to spend more than 325.00 on a new .17 anybody have any insight on what I should be getting? Accuracy is the prime concern here.

Default .17 hmr

My sparrow gun as most people call it, is a Marlin with a bull barrel, still day with Horandy ammo 1/2 " consistently.

Default cz

this post is from a while ago, but he might still have it. http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ight=cz+.17hmr

I have this same rifle with an Alpen 4X12 power on it, and it consistantly shoots .40" groups at 50 yards. It might be worth a shot.

Jake

I have one. It's a 9317 lefty. They shoot just fine. The Marlin's are supposed to shoot pretty well, too. Savage makes lefties, so I got a Savage. They heavy bull barrel doesn't hurt in the accuracy dept, either.

Quote Originally Posted by NATTY BUMPO View Post
    I have one. It's a 9317 lefty. They shoot just fine. The Marlin's are supposed to shoot pretty well, too. Savage makes lefties, so I got a Savage. They heavy bull barrel doesn't hurt in the accuracy dept, either.
    I got the same one. I've been able to shoot 3/4" groups with it using CCI and a little tighter ones with Federal V-Shoks.

My biggest problem is I haven't had a calm day to shoot it. So I really don't know what it'll do.
    Now what ?

I just sighted in my brand spankin new 9317-FVSS. Well at least thats what I think it is haha. Its the stainless with the synthetic stock and bull barrel that is not fluted. Half inch at a hundred yards out of the box. Both Hornady and CCI TNT both shoot the same as well. Cant ask for anything better than that.