Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happened with all the dead Caribou?

Default So what happened with all the dead Caribou?

I haven't heard anything in quite some time?? Is this where it gets swept under the carpet?

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    I haven't heard anything in quite some time?? Is this where it gets swept under the carpet?

i think the investigation was put on hold for the olympics.... and then it is hunting season...then thanksgiving, christmas, new years, super bowl....

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Default .375...

some people could take that question as being racist.

The silence is deafening.......

Default Bou

They disappeared, Maybe? Lost in red tape.

I heard a brief report on the channel 2 news a few nights ago that said that the first reports of the number of dead caribou were wrong and that there were only 6 caribou killed. They also said that the investigation was ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by AK Troutbum View Post
    I heard a brief report on the channel 2 news a few nights ago that said that the first reports of the number of dead caribou were wrong and that there were only 6 caribou killed. They also said that the investigation was ongoing.
    I know your only passing the info on Ak troutbum and this is not directed at you at all. 6 caribou killed and left to rot is 6 caribou too many, time to get the hornets nest stirred up again on this one.

Ya, I stated it exactly how it was stated on the news. I find it interesting that it was initially reported as something like 60 then went up to 120, now down to 6. Maybe math is just not their strong suite. Maybe next we'll hear that there were no caribou actually killed, just a few that were hurt real bad.

Maybe their counting them as they disappear to scavengers and mother nature....

Quote Originally Posted by 375ultramag View Post
    The wolves are happy what else matters?
    Chuck

Default It's getting strung out...

I'm sure the elders are in negotiations with the state for them to "take care of it" and that'll get the perpetrators some leniancy. WHY? Because the villagers KNOW who did it and they don't want to rat them out. Probably the mayors kid or something. Either way, AkH45 nailed it, wanton waste is wanton waste, THAT'S NOT a village issue, that's a STATE issue. If those were non-natives who left those animals to rot like that, there'd be riots in the streets and more animal rights activists would be crawling all over us like bugs worse than they already do. Illegal is illegal, whether its a bush communitry or not, subsistance (gag) or not... Make an example out of them...

They are to busy trying to crucify Jeff King.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    They are to busy trying to crucify Jeff King.
    Which reminds me, the verdict should've been out last night or today...

Well, guess not, just read the FDNM article and apparently they are dragging this potential misdemeanor charge out for a while...

Jeff King is having a trial. The investigation into his deal is over and will be decided by a jury at the end of the trial.
    However, Big Dan makes a good point. Why is the prosecution of Jeff King at the federal level, (he's having a federal trial) so important, but the large scale possibly federal violations by hunters around PHO not important.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Oh Yeah

Theres only 6 now as they have all rotted. How convieniant.

Who can we write about this BS? They prosecute Jeff King because he shot a moose 600 feet inside the park and for using his Argo to haul it out, yet 60 caribou are butchered and left to rot and nothing is done about it. Our voices need to be heard on this otherwise it will be business as usual and they'll continue to do this and get away with it.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by martentrapper View Post
    ......Why is the prosecution of Jeff King at the federal level, (he's having a federal trial) so important, but the large scale possibly federal violations by hunters around PHO not important.
    Why was Timothy Treadwell allowed to cavort with the bears of Katmai National Park for 13 years (violating every rule in the park), broadcasting his antics worldwide for all to see, and all the while each and every visitor to Brooks Camp on the other side of the mountains had to attend mandatory "bear etiquette" classes before being allowed to enjoy the park?

"All men are created equal", but in accordance with federal law, some are more equal than others.............

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Who can we write about this BS? They prosecute Jeff King because he shot a moose 600 feet inside the park and for using his Argo to haul it out, yet 60 caribou are butchered and left to rot and nothing is done about it. Our voices need to be heard on this otherwise it will be business as usual and they'll continue to do this and get away with it.
    write to the gov (the email address was posted in the earlier thread on this topic), to the ADN, and the Fairbanks News Miner. Stick to the fact that multiple carcasses were not salvaged, and leave the native issues out of it, or it will likely get dropped like a hot potato. If you complain as a citizen wanting a serious crime to be investigated, hopefully someone will listen.

Already wrote the gov and got the usual "Thanks for writing" automatic reply.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Already wrote the gov and got the usual "Thanks for writing" automatic reply.
    Has anyone who emailed the gov got more than the cursory response? that could be a nice little tidbit for the papers right there, if no one has gotten any acknowledgement...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast