Thread: Looking for a left handed sako - Need Help

Default Looking for a left handed sako - Need Help

I'm looking for left handed sako tikka t3 stainless lite in 338 federal. I have had one on order for a couple of months now and I received a call that they cannot get that rifle and sako might have stopped production on this model for awhile. They recommended other calibers but I want the 30-338. I already have the dies and ammo loaded for it, I just need the rifle.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these rifles in stock? I've called all over Anchorage but will call other dealers in the rest of the state starting tomorrow.

Does Kimber make their Montana in a lefty model? I see they offer a 338 Fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I'm looking for left handed sako tikka t3 stainless lite in 338 federal. I have had one on order for a couple of months now and I received a call that they cannot get that rifle and sako might have stopped production on this model for awhile. They recommended other calibers but I want the 30-338. I already have the dies and ammo loaded for it, I just need the rifle.

Does anyone know where I can find one of these rifles in stock? I've called all over Anchorage but will call other dealers in the rest of the state starting tomorrow.

Do a tour of guns america and auction arms auction sites, don't for get to try gunbroker. If you can't find on one of these three, You might have a problem?
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tryants." (Thomas Jefferson

Check Bud's gun shop (they're online) down in Paris Kentucky. They have a pretty good selection and that was the only place I could find the lefty I was looking for several years ago.

Default Sako/Tikka

I bought a lefthand Sako 75 Hunter in .25-06 from Accuflite Sports in PA. They were easy to deal with and have all things Sako and Tikka. All things except a Tikka T3 Lite in .338 Federal that is. Sako actions, barrels, stocks, discontinued rifles,etc. If anyone is a fan of these firearms their website is worth a look. http://home.earthlink.net/~accuflite/index.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post

Did you mean to do that? Two different calibers. I'm guessing you want the 338/308 or what is now known as a 338 Federal, a great little round. The 30-338 is the 338 Win Mag necked down to .308". Not a bad round but I don' think Sako chambers for it. I see 338 Federal Tikkas for sale on the gun sites. Check there, maybe a lefty around.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Whoops that was my mistake, another late night post mistake. Good catch Murphy.

I called all the gun shops the yellow pages provided in AK, I even tried calling a few out of state. I wanted the 338 Federal badly but I'm not willing to buy a right handed rifle or a TC.

I ended up buying a Marling 1895GS in 45-70. I've always wanted this rifle and one finally followed me home.

Default I know....

....you said Tikka, but have you thought of checking Savage? I am not sure if they offer the 338 Fed. but just throwin that out there.

good luck and I hope you find what you want.

Good job!!! There's nothing quite like a Marlin .45-70 to put a smile on a man's face and give him lot's of chances to have fun!

hi, check "gunsamerica" online....they have several kimber, sako, and ruger rifles in .338 federal.
    jh