Thread: Ferry Trail info....

Default Ferry Trail info....

Can someone give me the specs to the Ferry Trail bridge out of Healy? How wide can you be to cross? Etc. Thanks in advance!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

it was 48 inches to start with, now with all the kinks it is more like 45 to 46 I would say.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Hey Doug & Stid,

Thank you! Looks like the Arctic Cat is SOL on this trip..
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

I've had both of my machines across the bridge. I have a '02 kawi prarie 650 and a '06 kawi brute force 750 with 27" mud lites. Both made it across with out much worries. Now the fenders do rub and get scratched up a bit. So if you aren't about scratches then you shouldn't take your cat. I was told 48" when I took my machines up there the first time. My fenders are 48" but like I said they rub... I had to do some rigging to get my trailer across the bridge though.

As per an Alaska Railroad bridge inspector.. 46 1/2"

We just took a measurement and we are looking at 50" across. From tire to tire...

Disregard my other post..bad memory..I used the search function and found the correct info

BTW..Dave at Talkeetna Artic Cat has to modify all Cats except the new 360's to get across the Talkeetna Bridge.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Default ferry miner...

my 2007Suzuki 500 will cross rubbing tires entire way. the 04 Honda Foreman will not. both have 589 ITP tires. the Honda will cross with the stock tires..the trailers will cross when i put the 5 lugs tires off my tilt bed on it.. ( 12" hwy.trailer tires) the four lug i take the tires off and drag it across.. if you are wider then 46 you will be VERY TIGHT... I cross weekly. arctic cats 400 and smaller are the only cats i see cross. some guys with the IFS put a cinch strap in the suspension to pull it closer to make it fit...remeber the walk way was designed as a WALK WAY.... take a peek under it..... one bike on the bridge at a time....se my note on Healy hunting... get caught crossing the tracks and the TSA and patriot act take over you'll be labeled a terrorist..

Come on across we're always having a party, over there. best zoo in town peak season.

Yea, we're working with a 05 AC 500, I think it has mudlite 27s on it.

Yea Vince, I know all too well, we have hunted there many years, but this year hubby's sis drew a caribou over there, so they are off in the morning to see (nothing)....lol We just havent had the AC over there. I know our Suzuki will make it, but they need two bikes this time around.

Ok our measurement from fender to fender on the rear was 48 inches.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hunt sent you a PM on the bou

good luck

Vince

Default Ferry is 48 inches wide

Ferry fooot bridge is 45 inches at the narrowest and goes to 46-47 inches in some places. The handrail is 38 inches high.
    I built a trailer to put my four wheeler on and pull it across. It's mearsurement is 48 wide and won't fit across any other way. And don't be foolish enough to drive the railroad trussle.